• ...and so much more!
  • rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    I know that an NFA trust cannot apply for a C&R or FFL, but if I have a C&R under my name, can I then transfer a firearm that I purchased using that C&R into an NFA trust? I assume that I would just make an entry into my C&R record book that the item was transferred to the trust.

Am I missing something?

rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    A $200 dollar transfer to have it in the trust, maybe? :dunno:

No. A trust is a trust. An NFA trust can contain firearms other than Class III (at least I see no reason they cannot). The trust was originally created to hold a proposed SBR (still waiting on approval). However, I believe I can add non-Class III firearms to its Schedule A.

To preempt the next question, the purpose of placing firearms in the trust is to remove them from the probate process, simplifying the inheritance process.

rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    It's not an Nfa iten so just add it to your schedule page.
    Exactly. I assume that I can transfer an item by simply making an entry in my C&R book that the item was transferred to the Trust. I would then update the Trust's Schedule A to reflect that. It seems pretty straightforward to me, but I was not sure if I was missing something.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    No. A trust is a trust. An NFA trust can contain firearms other than Class III (at least I see no reason they cannot). The trust was originally created to hold a proposed SBR (still waiting on approval). However, I believe I can add non-Class III firearms to its Schedule A.

To preempt the next question, the purpose of placing firearms in the trust is to remove them from the probate process, simplifying the inheritance process.
    My mistake, I thought the C&R item we were talking about was a class 3 item.
    Just add it to the trust.

Top Bottom