Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 367 of 434 FirstFirst ... 267 317 357 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 377 417 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,670 of 4339
    Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo59 View Post
    I ask because while the shotgun is an 1897, the shroud and bayonet lug were designed to fit the 1917 bayonet...
    And while we are at it, all the trench guns of that era were non-takedown varieties. This one is a takedown...
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous...

User Info Menu

And while we are at it, all the trench guns of that era were non-takedown varieties. This one is a takedown...
    There's guns in this thread?
    I'm gonna, riiiide 'till I can't no more.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Well we have come full circle now.......
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Master

User Info Menu

What era? The 1897 Winchester trench gun was a take down (at least by the time it was used in WW1 can't speak for earlier) also when it was fitted with the byo lug and heat shroud for ww1, the Remingyon model 10 trench gun was used in ww1 as well and was aslo fitted with a bayo lug and heat shroud...and it was always a take down. Take down guns were actually popular back in those days because traveling by train it was easier to stow

Enough talk....WE NEED PICTURES

User Info Menu

Although I do not contribute with pictorial posts, I do support this thread through visual participation; which seems to be declining due to unnecessary discussions.......In My Humble Opinion.

This is in no way a complaint, just a general observation. Let me go see how the fish are biting, in that other thread.
    NRA - Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein
    I am trying to turn every thread I involve myself in into a **** show.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by STEEL CORE View Post
    Is that Chelsea Handler stalking "You Know Who"?!?
    That sir, is Ingrid Bolsų Berdal

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
    "You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent"-Fundamentals of chess 1883

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thunderchicken View Post
    What era? The 1897 Winchester trench gun was a take down (at least by the time it was used in WW1 can't speak for earlier) also when it was fitted with the byo lug and heat shroud for ww1, the Remingyon model 10 trench gun was used in ww1 as well and was aslo fitted with a bayo lug and heat shroud...and it was always a take down. Take down guns were actually popular back in those days because traveling by train it was easier to stow

Enough talk....WE NEED PICTURES
    "A war Department committee was formed to evaluate and recommend to the Ordnance Department the type of shotgun to be procured and it's basic design configuration. It was soon decided to adopt the battle-proven Winchester Model 1897 12 gauge repeating slide action shotgun. This weapon had been in production for some twenty years and was a known entity to the War Department due to it's previous employment in the Philippines and in Mexico. The new weapon was to be based on the standard riot type Model 1897, solid frame (i.e., "non-takedown style) with a 20" barrel and a total capacity of six rounds... When the War Department committee surveyed dubiously a wholly new bayonet attachment--- something new to the art of war, untried, unknown to regulations and specifications...the new weapon was officially adopted in 1917 as the 'Trench Gun- Model 1917' and given the code number 'G-9778-S'..." Bruce N Canfield, A Collector's Guide to United States Combat Shotguns.
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous...

User Info Menu

Too many word sounds. Need looky looky

User Info Menu

And stuff