Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

User Info Menu

RIP Nyle.....very sad to hear this....
    "I got a shotgun,rifle and 4 wheel drive and country boy can survive!!!"

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by maxipum View Post
    Sadly last night many of us lost a friend. Niles ran the trail dust army navy store in Bloomington for last couple of decades. A great place to find unique and hard to find surplus items and good conversation. Not sure what the future holds for the business but let’s send prayers for the family and friends in their time of mourning.
    Wow, terrible news indeed. I was a frequent visitor when I was a student in B-town many years ago. His store was one of the few islands of sanity around town where I could enjoy myself. Godspeed, sir.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Does anyone know what will happen with the store? I saw some young people working in there from time to time.

Ark

User Info Menu

Anyone been in there recently? Seems like it's shuttered every time I drive by.

User Info Menu

I look every time I drive by and see nothing in the parking lot and the inner security door closed. I'm beginning to wonder if the others in the family are gonna give it a go or call it quits.
    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Proverbs 18:2

User Info Menu

Indeed a loss. He was a good guy and always had interesting stuff.
    IWTFM Eternal vigilance is the price of chickens. JFC advocate.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by edwea View Post
    Does anyone know what will happen with the store? I saw some young people working in there from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ark View Post
    Anyone been in there recently? Seems like it's shuttered every time I drive by.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruffnek View Post
    I look every time I drive by and see nothing in the parking lot and the inner security door closed. I'm beginning to wonder if the others in the family are gonna give it a go or call it quits.
    The estate has to make its way through probate, but once that is done, it is my understanding that the store will re-open at least for a while. No idea how long the probate process will take. There has been talk that if the store stays open long-term, that the main items that will be reordered will be reloading supplies, ammunition, and ammo cans since those items are harder to get locally/expensive to ship and there is an established customer base that depends on Traildust for those supplies. There is also a tremendous amount and variety of back-stock surplus items, far more than could put out on display, so even as the displayed inventory is sold off you can expect to see some different items come out for sale. It'll be worth stopping in every few weeks just to see what's new.
    "2016: The year that hackers became more trusted than government or reporters."

User Info Menu

Found 30-40 brass there when I couldn't find it anywhere.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Leadeye View Post
    Found 30-40 brass there when I couldn't find it anywhere.
    If you ever find yourself running short, it's easy to make from .303 brass. Basically just resize by running it through the 30-40 die, anneal the neck before loading and then fire form. I have a good supply of 303, so that's what I've done.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AmmoManAaron View Post
    The estate has to make its way through probate, but once that is done, it is my understanding that the store will re-open at least for a while. No idea how long the probate process will take. There has been talk that if the store stays open long-term, that the main items that will be reordered will be reloading supplies, ammunition, and ammo cans since those items are harder to get locally/expensive to ship and there is an established customer base that depends on Traildust for those supplies. There is also a tremendous amount and variety of back-stock surplus items, far more than could put out on display, so even as the displayed inventory is sold off you can expect to see some different items come out for sale. It'll be worth stopping in every few weeks just to see what's new.
    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Proverbs 18:2

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast