Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

User Info Menu

Ballistol for 95% of my cleaning. If I need anything stronger, I have several choices: Bore Tech Eliminator, Sweets, Butch's, etc. and a bit of Chore Boy brass ribbon. I use Kroil on my DW 1911 because they seem to recommend it for their finish.
    James

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
    ~Napoleon Bonaparte~

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

User Info Menu

I've been using Break Free CLP for the longest time, but I'm thinking of trying out the Lucas Oil Co. cleaning products and gun oil to see how good that is.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

RND
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Lubri-kit

Plinker

User Info Menu

I used to use balistol but the liqurish smell was getting to me. So I took a chance on a Amazon clearer and lubes called LiquiFix. I just used it to clean my bcg for the first time ever after close to 1000 rounds and the **** melted off like hot butter. Its also nontoxic so I feel good to use a light coat on my high carbon knifes

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MinutemanPatriot View Post
    I've been using Break Free CLP for the longest time, but I'm thinking of trying out the Lucas Oil Co. cleaning products and gun oil to see how good that is.
    I just got some Lucas Oil CLP, oil, and grease, but I havenít had an opportunity to use them yet.
    -Christopher

User Info Menu

For Glocks I just wipe the parts down, use bore snake and a few drops of CLP on rails and barrel hood. For ARs I use a lot of CLP on the BCG.

I took a SIG armorer class and they said to use any product intended for gun use. Seems like good advice to avoid the brake cleaner, Mobil 1 and other auto stuff that may not be very polymer-friendly.
    You can ignore reality, but you won't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Breakfree CLP to clean and Lucas Extreme Duty Gun Oil to lube.

User Info Menu

Water mostly.
    No.9 occasionally.
    Kroil in extremis.
    Lubricants are another matter.

User Info Menu

Bore snake with Ballistol or RemOil usually but just got in a kit of Shooterlube so weíll see if itís enough to make me think twice about switching.

Deeper cleaning is the same except I will use a cleaning rod and patches.

Master

User Info Menu

I am a bit surprised by the number of people who seem to be using brake cleaner. As an automotive technician, I have used that stuff to clean a variety of stuff. But it can be awfully aggressive if it gets onto certain polymers/plastics and I would bet it could wreck some coatings such as duracoat or cerakote (never tried it). I have seen it take mulitple types of finishes off cars/ parts.
    Based on the one time I've used it Gun Scrubber seems to be very similar to brake cleaner. And I would use it with caution

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast