Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Grandmaster DeadeyeChrista'sdad's Avatar

User Info Menu

I think we should just be thankful that this was just a chucklhead with no training.
    I hear They call him Flipper. Yes... yes, I'm serious.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DeadeyeChrista'sdad View Post
    I think we should just be thankful that this was just a chucklhead with no training.

What do you mean no training?

Do you know how many gaming hours he's got? He could be a trainer himself for all we know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah View Post
    "Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!" - Jerusalem 445 BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    "If you don't have a gun, sell your coat and buy one." - Jerusalem April 14th, 30 AD - Thursday, 11:38pm IST
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
    INGO SUCKS.....

User Info Menu

I’m not saying anything pro or against MJ, nor have I ever used anything harder than caffeine, but this is an example of enforcing the gun laws we already have, however selectively.
    IWTFM Eternal vigilance is the price of chickens. JFC advocate.

KLB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Lex View Post
    So... is this an escalation of gun law enforcement by an anti-2A administration?
    No. This is a case of the bad guy is dead, and we want to punish someone for the bad stuff that happened.
    They shouldn't just drop a hellfire missile on your café experience...Rand Paul

User Info Menu

# 1 don't trust the media to get it right. He is being charged federally with lying on the form. Nothing about buying armor illegally (since it's not illegal at the Federal level.) Although I assume he will get other local charges for the drugs, and growing mushrooms. I suspect he bought a pistol length upper and put it on a rifle lower, based on pictures of the firearm (looks shorter than typical AR.)

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdoh/pr...ssing-firearms

A friend of Dayton mass shooter Connor Betts has been charged federally with lying on federal firearms forms in order to purchase weapons and with illegally possessing those weapons.

Kollie allegedly told agents he lied on ATF Form 4473 while purchasing firearms, specifically while answering question 11e that asks, “Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?” Kollie checked the “no” box.

ba082064beae37656a045a017a6065ee.jpg
    Last edited by Keith_Indy; 08-14-2019 at 13:09.
    Opinions may vary, , it is the internets.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_Indy View Post
    # 1 don't trust the media to get it right. He is being charged federally with lying on the form. Nothing about buying armor illegally (since it's not illegal at the Federal level.) Although I assume he will get other local charges for the drugs, and growing mushrooms. I suspect he bought a pistol length upper and put it on a rifle lower, based on pictures of the firearm (looks shorter than typical AR.)

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdoh/pr...ssing-firearms

A friend of Dayton mass shooter Connor Betts has been charged federally with lying on federal firearms forms in order to purchase weapons and with illegally possessing those weapons.

Kollie allegedly told agents he lied on ATF Form 4473 while purchasing firearms, specifically while answering question 11e that asks, “Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?” Kollie checked the “no” box.

ba082064beae37656a045a017a6065ee.jpg
    Hmmm, I never realized that technically an alcoholic could be in violation of this.
    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

User Info Menu

Don't tell me we're going to start prosecuting people for lying on a 4473, what a novel idea. Maybe if this was implemented a few years ago we wouldn't have as many problems. I think enforcing current laws is the place to start before coming up with a herd of new ones.

NRA Life Member / Basic Pistol instructor / RSO

"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard"
    Unnamed Navy Seal

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

Aron Bright
    Any man can make mistakes but only and idiot persists in his error.. Cicero 200 BC

User Info Menu

Let's be careful what we wish for.

"Addiction" could include prescription drugs (painkillers and antidepressants), alcohol, ecigs, OG cigs, and pr0n. And depending on how the 1A thing goes, that might get included. Regardless, that's something that could probably be defined by evolving executive orders or administrative policies.

Just saying that enforcement of laws is an executive function, and each executive can prioritize how he wants. That's fine. We just need to recognize that it could negatively impact some of us and some of those close to us.
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

Plinker

User Info Menu

A question for everyone just to continue down this rabbit hole. If Alcohol is to be considered herein the case of an alcoholic than how about cigarettes in the case of an addict? This rabbit hole goes deep.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by regulator1175 View Post
    A question for everyone just to continue down this rabbit hole. If Alcohol is to be considered herein the case of an alcoholic than how about cigarettes in the case of an addict? This rabbit hole goes deep.....

I don't have an addiction but Redheads are my Kryptonite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah View Post
    "Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!" - Jerusalem 445 BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    "If you don't have a gun, sell your coat and buy one." - Jerusalem April 14th, 30 AD - Thursday, 11:38pm IST
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
    INGO SUCKS.....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast