• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    # 1 don't trust the media to get it right. He is being charged federally with lying on the form. Nothing about buying armor illegally (since it's not illegal at the Federal level.) Although I assume he will get other local charges for the drugs, and growing mushrooms. I suspect he bought a pistol length upper and put it on a rifle lower, based on pictures of the firearm (looks shorter than typical AR.)

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdoh/p...-illegally-purchasing-and-possessing-firearms

A friend of Dayton mass shooter Connor Betts has been charged federally with lying on federal firearms forms in order to purchase weapons and with illegally possessing those weapons.

Kollie allegedly told agents he lied on ATF Form 4473 while purchasing firearms, specifically while answering question 11e that asks, “Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?” Kollie checked the “no” box.

ba082064beae37656a045a017a6065ee.jpg

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    # 1 don't trust the media to get it right. He is being charged federally with lying on the form. Nothing about buying armor illegally (since it's not illegal at the Federal level.) Although I assume he will get other local charges for the drugs, and growing mushrooms. I suspect he bought a pistol length upper and put it on a rifle lower, based on pictures of the firearm (looks shorter than typical AR.)

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdoh/p...-illegally-purchasing-and-possessing-firearms

A friend of Dayton mass shooter Connor Betts has been charged federally with lying on federal firearms forms in order to purchase weapons and with illegally possessing those weapons.

Kollie allegedly told agents he lied on ATF Form 4473 while purchasing firearms, specifically while answering question 11e that asks, “Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?” Kollie checked the “no” box.

View attachment 79230

Hmmm, I never realized that technically an alcoholic could be in violation of this.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Don't tell me we're going to start prosecuting people for lying on a 4473, what a novel idea. Maybe if this was implemented a few years ago we wouldn't have as many problems. I think enforcing current laws is the place to start before coming up with a herd of new ones.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Let's be careful what we wish for.

"Addiction" could include prescription drugs (painkillers and antidepressants), alcohol, ecigs, OG cigs, and pr0n. And depending on how the 1A thing goes, that might get included. Regardless, that's something that could probably be defined by evolving executive orders or administrative policies.

Just saying that enforcement of laws is an executive function, and each executive can prioritize how he wants. That's fine. We just need to recognize that it could negatively impact some of us and some of those close to us.

regulator1175

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Warsaw, IN
    A question for everyone just to continue down this rabbit hole. If Alcohol is to be considered herein the case of an alcoholic than how about cigarettes in the case of an addict? This rabbit hole goes deep.....

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    A question for everyone just to continue down this rabbit hole. If Alcohol is to be considered herein the case of an alcoholic than how about cigarettes in the case of an addict? This rabbit hole goes deep.....

I don't have an addiction but Redheads are my Kryptonite. :n00b:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I suppose we're all addicted to something. Has someone in the government determined that my addiction is dangerous is the ever changing question. I'm really fond of the smell of corn tasseling, it gives me a bit of euphoric feeling. I hope someone doesn't decide that makes me dangerous. This could be the bottomless rabbit hole.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Top Bottom