Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Expert

User Info Menu

Friend of Dayton shooter faces federal charges, US attorney says

https://www.wcpo.com/news/mass-shoot...MEyRbccUzeSPYQ

DAYTON, Ohio — Federal officials have charged a friend of the Oregon District gunman with illegally buying body armor and components for the weapon used in the deadly mass shooting on Aug. 4.

Officials say Ethan Kollie, 24, of Kettering, admitted buying an upper receiver that was attached to Connor Betts's AR-15 and the 100-round double-drum magazine Betts used to kill nine people in the Dayton entertainment district.

Kollie, who was arrested Friday, said he and Betts did "hard drugs" - marijuana and acid together - four or five times a week between 2014 and 2015, according to U.S. Attorney Benjamin Glassman. That drug use made it illegal for Kollie to purchase or possess a firearm or components, and Kollie is being charged for lying on federal firearm forms, Glassman said. (click link for the rest)

User Info Menu

Been a while since I've filled out a form, they expect you to admit illicit drug use if you haven't been busted?
    Yes I am for gun control!! A firm grip, steady aim, and a gentle squeeze!!

What comes after your first "infraction"? Double Secret Probation perhaps???

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by femurphy77 View Post
    Been a while since I've filled out a form, they expect you to admit illicit drug use if you haven't been busted?
    From the form 4473...

"e. Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?
    Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or
    decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside."

User Info Menu

Neither of those 2 items mentioned above require filling out a 4473. Upper receiver and drum mag. Is Ohio different on those items and purchasing them?

User Info Menu

I Have the Worst Crew Ever

User Info Menu

What's the status of marijuana in Ohio and under federal law?

I mean, pinning the case on a drug that is getting legalized all over is a bit of a reach.
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

User Info Menu

"Emotions... They ought to be outlawed." ~Dredd

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Lex View Post
    What's the status of marijuana in Ohio and under federal law?

I mean, pinning the case on a drug that is getting legalized all over is a bit of a reach.
    Under federal law, MJ is under the same status as it is everywhere else. Illegal. There is no more "non-enforcement" memo.

I don't expect an outcry about prosecuting someone with a tangential connection to a mass shooting even if it is MJ.

....but I am curious about the upper and mags/4473 relationship.
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

JHB
    Marksman

User Info Menu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VILwY10u5-s

A little more info if you can put up with someone that needs to retake a public speaking class.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by d.kaufman View Post
    Neither of those 2 items mentioned above require filling out a 4473. Upper receiver and drum mag. Is Ohio different on those items and purchasing them?
    I think it was because he had firearms in his house with obvious drug paraphernalia when he consented for a search of his house...then probably couldn't keep his yap shut.

Thor himself has spoken, mere mortals must make it so. - bradmedic04

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast