Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: Kimber vs sig

  1. #21
    Grandmaster bcannon's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Sig everyday over Kimber. A buddy of mine bought a super custom carry and was able to get 2 mags to run ok but then the trigger locked up. He sent it back, recieved back 6wks later and was able to get 2 more mags to run fine and again trigger issues. He sent it back again and again recieved it back about 6wks later and sold it. He bought a Sig Nightmare and hasnt had any issues. Sigs may not be as pretty as Kimbers but they run..

  2. #22
    Marksman usmcdjb's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I once was a Kimber fan. Only one I have left is a solo carry, only because I'd rather keep it than take a beating on it.

    Now, Sigs.......I got a few, have been certified armorer, crazy about them.

    MK25 is a good choice, but are you sold on that? Here's a pretty good deal on a P226

    https://www.kcfirearms.com/products/...8681303168-387
    Once an adult - twice a child.

  3. #23
    I still care....Really
    churchmouse's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Kdf101 View Post
    Kimber. They seem to get a bad rap here. Maybe they are over priced. My own personal experience with them has been excellent. Great guns that shot great every time. I have never had the bad experiences that a lot here say they have. Mine have all run great, but the last new one I bought was five years ago, so maybe things have changed
    Interesting.

    I give them a bad rap for solid reasons. They suck for the price point.
    I also say that if you have a good one and like it run it and enjoy. No knock on anyone that owns them. None.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

    Forum Rules

    Classified Rules

    FAQ

    http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

  4. #24
    I still care....Really
    churchmouse's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by bcannon View Post
    Sig everyday over Kimber. A buddy of mine bought a super custom carry and was able to get 2 mags to run ok but then the trigger locked up. He sent it back, recieved back 6wks later and was able to get 2 more mags to run fine and again trigger issues. He sent it back again and again recieved it back about 6wks later and sold it. He bought a Sig Nightmare and hasnt had any issues. Sigs may not be as pretty as Kimbers but they run..
    I would hope he sold it with full info that it was a total POS. It sets my hair on fire when people sell guns they know do not run properly regardless of why. Nothing could be more wrong.

    If he did Kudo's to him. If not well......he sucks.

    I have cut up more than 1 gun over selling just to re-coup my nickels and dimes. Every time I see this I just shake my head.

    But hey, that's just me. No knock on you BC. I hope you know this.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

    Forum Rules

    Classified Rules

    FAQ

    http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

  5. #25
    Master shootersix's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by usmcdjb View Post
    I once was a Kimber fan. Only one I have left is a solo carry, only because I'd rather keep it than take a beating on it.

    Now, Sigs.......I got a few, have been certified armorer, crazy about them.

    MK25 is a good choice, but are you sold on that? Here's a pretty good deal on a P226

    https://www.kcfirearms.com/products/...8681303168-387
    that's a damn good price!

    ive never owned a Kimber, I always wanted a royal II, it was charcoal blue with ivory g10 grips, in the catalogs it was beautiful!, the blue looked like a blue mirror!!!, the most beautiful blue ive ever seen!!!...then I walked into a lgs and they had one on the shelf, it was the worst blue ive ever laid my eyes on!, no polish, no mirror shine, all I can say is photo shop is wonderful!

    now my sig pistols (I own 10 "p series") are work horses, they go bang everytime I pull the trigger, they shoot anything I put in them, but, they wont win a beauty contest! except 1! its blued (yes blued!!!), its a browning bda45 (its actually a sig220 european) and its like old school colt blueing!, browning imported sig 220's from 1977-1980 in 9mm 45acp and 38 super, and browning told sig, our customers want a higher quality gun, your black finish isn't pretty enough!, so the imported browning/sig marked guns are blued!

    that bda is the home coming queen!
    my legions are "the pretty ones" on the flag corps (not quite cheerleader pretty)
    my fde m11 is the "hot nerd" (you know, takes her glasses off, lets her hair down and is hot)
    and all the rest are "the girls with a good personality"
    Never too many sigs in your safe!-mike4sigs

  6. #26
    Master Usmccookie's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Sig
    sig
    sig
    sig
    Sig
    still not kimber
    Sig!

  7. #27
    Shooter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Tapout4892 View Post
    Okay I just want to hear what people think. Iím thinking about either a kimber warrior or a sig mk25. Wanted both for a long time. And I know they are two completely different guns. But just want to hear peopleís opinions on the subject.
    Sig preferably

  8. #28
    Grandmaster bcannon's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    I would hope he sold it with full info that it was a total POS. It sets my hair on fire when people sell guns they know do not run properly regardless of why. Nothing could be more wrong.

    If he did Kudo's to him. If not well......he sucks.

    I have cut up more than 1 gun over selling just to re-coup my nickels and dimes. Every time I see this I just shake my head.

    But hey, that's just me. No knock on you BC. I hope you know this.
    He sold it to a coworker that knew its history and with full disclosure. He informed him that it just came back a 2nd time from Kimber and the buyer happily gave him his asking price. He wasnt a local hand but from a neighboring local in the state so no chance of any issues. He left after the job finished up but seen him on a few other jobs and he ended up selling it to someone. Not sure if he gave full disclosure but I do know my local brother did.

    No knock taken cm. Understand though fully 👍 Im not a fan of anyone that wipes their butt with someone elses sleeve.

  9. #29
    Marksman reno's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I have had four Kimbers. I still have one 1911. It shoots good, but my choice for carry at times is my Sig. I say at times because I carry a snub S&W revolver a lot. The sig is Very accurate, conceals well, not heavy. More confidence in it really.
    Life Member NRA, NMLRA, member Jackson Lodge #146 Scottish Rite

  10. #30
    Plinker

    User Info Menu

    Kimber.


Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge