• ...and so much more!
  • bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Sig everyday over Kimber. A buddy of mine bought a super custom carry and was able to get 2 mags to run ok but then the trigger locked up. He sent it back, recieved back 6wks later and was able to get 2 more mags to run fine and again trigger issues. He sent it back again and again recieved it back about 6wks later and sold it. He bought a Sig Nightmare and hasnt had any issues. Sigs may not be as pretty as Kimbers but they run..

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Kimber. They seem to get a bad rap here. Maybe they are over priced. My own personal experience with them has been excellent. Great guns that shot great every time. I have never had the bad experiences that a lot here say they have. Mine have all run great, but the last new one I bought was five years ago, so maybe things have changed

Interesting.

I give them a bad rap for solid reasons. They suck for the price point.
    I also say that if you have a good one and like it run it and enjoy. No knock on anyone that owns them. None.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sig everyday over Kimber. A buddy of mine bought a super custom carry and was able to get 2 mags to run ok but then the trigger locked up. He sent it back, recieved back 6wks later and was able to get 2 more mags to run fine and again trigger issues. He sent it back again and again recieved it back about 6wks later and sold it. He bought a Sig Nightmare and hasnt had any issues. Sigs may not be as pretty as Kimbers but they run..

I would hope he sold it with full info that it was a total POS. It sets my hair on fire when people sell guns they know do not run properly regardless of why. Nothing could be more wrong.

If he did Kudo's to him. If not well......he sucks.

I have cut up more than 1 gun over selling just to re-coup my nickels and dimes. Every time I see this I just shake my head.

But hey, that's just me. No knock on you BC. I hope you know this.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I once was a Kimber fan. Only one I have left is a solo carry, only because I'd rather keep it than take a beating on it.

Now, Sigs.......I got a few, have been certified armorer, crazy about them.

MK25 is a good choice, but are you sold on that? Here's a pretty good deal on a P226

https://www.kcfirearms.com/products/handguns-sig-sauer-798681303168-387

that's a damn good price!

ive never owned a Kimber, I always wanted a royal II, it was charcoal blue with ivory g10 grips, in the catalogs it was beautiful!, the blue looked like a blue mirror!!!, the most beautiful blue ive ever seen!!!...then I walked into a lgs and they had one on the shelf, it was the worst blue ive ever laid my eyes on!, no polish, no mirror shine, all I can say is photo shop is wonderful!

now my sig pistols (I own 10 "p series") are work horses, they go bang everytime I pull the trigger, they shoot anything I put in them, but, they wont win a beauty contest! except 1! its blued (yes blued!!!), its a browning bda45 (its actually a sig220 european) and its like old school colt blueing!, browning imported sig 220's from 1977-1980 in 9mm 45acp and 38 super, and browning told sig, our customers want a higher quality gun, your black finish isn't pretty enough!, so the imported browning/sig marked guns are blued!

that bda is the home coming queen!
    my legions are "the pretty ones" on the flag corps (not quite cheerleader pretty)
    my fde m11 is the "hot nerd" (you know, takes her glasses off, lets her hair down and is hot)
    and all the rest are "the girls with a good personality"

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I would hope he sold it with full info that it was a total POS. It sets my hair on fire when people sell guns they know do not run properly regardless of why. Nothing could be more wrong.

If he did Kudo's to him. If not well......he sucks.

I have cut up more than 1 gun over selling just to re-coup my nickels and dimes. Every time I see this I just shake my head.

But hey, that's just me. No knock on you BC. I hope you know this.

He sold it to a coworker that knew its history and with full disclosure. He informed him that it just came back a 2nd time from Kimber and the buyer happily gave him his asking price. He wasnt a local hand but from a neighboring local in the state so no chance of any issues. He left after the job finished up but seen him on a few other jobs and he ended up selling it to someone. Not sure if he gave full disclosure but I do know my local brother did.

No knock taken cm. Understand though fully Im not a fan of anyone that wipes their butt with someone elses sleeve.

reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I have had four Kimbers. I still have one 1911. It shoots good, but my choice for carry at times is my Sig. I say at times because I carry a snub S&W revolver a lot. The sig is Very accurate, conceals well, not heavy. More confidence in it really.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I can never recommend a SIG after experiencing the worst CS ever.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Sorry for your situation but can you elaborate? One time with one guy or a series, how recently etc?

I had an issue about 24 year ago before they manufactured as much in the USA but when dealing with them recently (last 6 years) through my agency or with my personal Legion stuff Sig has been spot on on with everything. That was just my dealings.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Kimber is a good value but IDL some of the internals. Never been a Sig fan either. I predict the company will hit financial straights soon. Typical German influenced company that has set out to own the market. Can live without em. Now this is just my opinion and it seems a few trolls will hate mail me for it but I stand by it.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Back in the day when Kimber was one of the first companies to mass produce the 1911, after Colt's patent expired, I heard many good things about them, especially how accurate they were. More recently, I've heard of friends who have had a lot of trouble with them. My go to 1911's are Springfield Armory and Colt and for higher priced production pistols, I would choose a Dan Wesson. I never cared for the traditional double action Sigs or even those from other manufacturers, although I do own a Beretta 92FS. I don't own it for the traditional double action or the way the safety works (opposite a 1911) but simply because it is a copy of the old service pistol. While the old metal Sigs are very well made and reliable, I like the newer striker fired (P 320 & P365) much better for shooting. The 9mm cartridge is the new .45 ACP, since the advancements in ammo. So after all of that, I'd say if your choice is one of the two, I'd go with the Sig, not based upon looks, but function and the Navy SEALS like them too!

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I'd have to vote Sig. I've never owned or shot a Kimber but like everyone here, heard the stories. We used to ride motorcycles with a guy that swore by them but was always having trouble with them.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    I have both, use both. No issues with either.

Kimber and the classic metal Sigs are both a bit overpriced, IMO, but it is whatever the market will bear. Both companies seem to be doing okay financially.

Top Bottom