Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    ACC
    Expert

User Info Menu

What’s a big gun collection?

Curious to know what INGO thinks is a “big” gun collection. When the media says a guy has an arsenal with 5+ guns, what do people who know about guns think is a large collection???

Master

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

If I think big firearm collection, I'm thinking over 100+ and that doesn't count wall hangers either

User Info Menu

About 100 million Americans (30% of U.S. population) own about 400 million firearms. So the mean is about four firearms per owner.

I would suggest that double the mean is what the populace at-large would find to a large collection. So my answer is eight.

But you are asking on a site where all participants self-select on the basis of interest in firearms, so the mean here is likely to be quite a bit higher.
    "The problem with internet quotations is that many are not genuine." -Abraham Lincoln

User Info Menu

Let's see..... A collection is smaller than an arsenal. MSM tells us 5+ is an arsenal. So a collection must be 2+????
    “Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." -- SunTzu

Plinker

User Info Menu

When you can’t answer how many you have without looking at your log or spreadsheet. Wherever you keep your list. That is when you know you have a “big” collection.

Grandmaster DeadeyeChrista'sdad's Avatar

User Info Menu

Some poor fellow at a soiree stated he had TWO guns! And was excited about it. I said "Really?!? Me too!". He said. "What kind?". And I replied. "What do you want?". The wife said "Shuddup,. axxhole..".... She wasn't wrong.
    To sort of make it up I did a little oohing and ahhing over his trade in G22..

But yeah. I need a list to know for sure.
    Beto is one of "Those" people that you hope to one day be able to throat punch.

User Info Menu

I have been told that I am just an accumulator, not a collector, because I just buy one of everything instead of obtaining all of the variations of a particular model.

With that in mind:

2+ of one particular model = Collection
    5+ = Arsenal
    One of everything = Accumulation
    INGO - too small for a republic, too large for an insane asylum.

Expert

User Info Menu

If they ask how many guns, say 'weapons'. If they say weapons, say 'firearms'. If they say firearms, say 'tool'. If they say tool, say 'art' and so on.

So, I don't know what you all are talking about...
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous...

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

It depends on the source asking the question.

MSM...….2 guns and over 100 rounds.

AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast