anyone hear any news about the PSA Jakl?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Still waiting on that PSA MP5, and that PSAK74, and that PSA Glock clone...

Kinda seems like they've suspended all their new product development in favor of pushing out as many of the same old products as possible, at 50-100% markups.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Kinda seems like they've suspended all their new product development in favor of pushing out as many of the same old products as possible, at 50-100% markups.

Odd. Just did a spot check on prices. Pricing at least on AR9 lowers and completes isnt much higher than before. I think $50 more for a lower and $100 more for an upper.

Though I do question how they suddenly have so many lowers in stock. Back when I bought mine it wasnt unusual to see mostly "out of stock" items. Now its more in stock than not. Which doesnt make sense in the current panic. I wonder if Mr Hobbit's recent experience of REALLY slow shipping in another thread could indicate they are selling stuff they know is in the pipe but not on hand yet. (and only backorder stuff they have no idea when it will arrive)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Not a bad short term business plan to get what you can, while you can, especially if they had inventory or supply chain to do it, as long as they can keep an eye toward the longer term product development. Could be short sighted, but could also fuel the $$ needed for the product development/get to market.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Odd. Just did a spot check on prices. Pricing at least on AR9 lowers and completes isnt much higher than before. I think $50 more for a lower and $100 more for an upper.

Though I do question how they suddenly have so many lowers in stock. Back when I bought mine it wasnt unusual to see mostly "out of stock" items. Now its more in stock than not. Which doesnt make sense in the current panic. I wonder if Mr Hobbit's recent experience of REALLY slow shipping in another thread could indicate they are selling stuff they know is in the pipe but not on hand yet. (and only backorder stuff they have no idea when it will arrive)

They probably just have there manufacturer making them for them as fast as they can, rather than having maximum and minimum on hands.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham

Still waiting for that 74 over here, too. And waiting. And waiting lol. Probably a 70/30 chance I'll be a buyer (if I'm lucky enough to nab one while in stock) even if it's unproven, due to PSA's warranty and customer service. They've released several photos of these things in production and in final form, so I'm confident it's only a matter of time before they hit the website.

And I can't speak to PSA's other offerings, but their AK price increases have seemed fair to me, especially in this climate - no 50-100% markups that I'm aware of. PSA's cash cow GF3 Classic that could be purchased for about $600 in the summer of 2019 was $670 just a couple weeks ago.

Top Bottom