• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    FOXNews.com - Florida Woman Kills Son, Self at Gun Range - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

CASSELBERRY, Fla. — A Florida woman fatally shot her son and then turned the gun on herself at a central Florida gun range, authorities said.
    Marie Moore, 44, of Altamonte Springs and her 20-year-old son, Mitchell, were sharing a firing lane at the Shoot Straight range Sunday, Casselberry police said. Shooters in an adjacent lane said the mother and son seemed to be getting along fine. A security video shows Moore walk up behind her son, point a revolver at the back of his head and fire a single shot, police said. She then put the gun in her mouth and pulled the trigger.
    The son died at the scene, and the mother died later at the hospital. Family members told police that Moore had a history of mental illness.
    The gun was rented from the shooting range.
    I am sure the Libs are going to jump all OVER this, ugh.

(if this is in the wrong Forum, sorry, I wasn't sure where it should go)

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    This is tragic. Sorry to hear it. I know others will jump all over it. I hope the rest of there family will be ok. (As ok as you can be, considering.)

Marshall74

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    Michigan
    Ohh geez! Thats just what Washington needs to put further restiction on gun laws. I bet you're right IndyRoadie. At the range I go to they have you initial a form asking 15-20 questions about your use of alcohol, or drugs, and if you have any mental disabilities etc.
    Now if Florida doesnt have that , the question is Why not?

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Ok I am donning my aluminum foil hat. In recent weeks it seems like there has been an awful lot of this sort of thing going on. I am starting to wonder if any of these folks ever spent some time strapped to a chair being injected with psychotropic drugs while some crazy looking guy in a lab coat puts drops of saline in their propped open eyes, with lights flashing and inaudible screams sounding in the background...

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    Two less retards to suck our air.

What?

Dude, a mother shot her son.
    Lives will be affected no matter what.
    The woman certainly had issues do do something like this and the only thing you can think of is a smart ass remark?

Sounds like you have issues as well that you need help with.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Two less retards to suck our air.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the son wasn't even doing anything wrong. Again with the People off'ing their families and then their own self. When will people learn that if you are going to take yourself out, whatever it is your life. People will be drastically affected and saddened but will not be as bad as you taking out someone else first then yourself.

On a lighter note:
    At least she kept the gun down range!

too soon?

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I just gringe everytime I hear of this kind of stuff, That poor kid!!,The Dems are going to have a field day, but not one gun law on the books stoped her, Nor could have any new ones.

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    Ok I am donning my aluminum foil hat. In recent weeks it seems like there has been an awful lot of this sort of thing going on. I am starting to wonder if any of these folks ever spent some time strapped to a chair being injected with psychotropic drugs while some crazy looking guy in a lab coat puts drops of saline in their propped open eyes, with lights flashing and inaudible screams sounding in the background...

I'm right there with ya. All these incidents happening so quickly just seems odd to me. It's very sad and I feel for the families and friends of the victims.

following2dp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Fishers
    I saw the coverage with a few seconds taken out of the clip.
    Truely F***ed up.
    Another very sad tragedy.
    I don't know the whole story with the guy in the lane next to them, but it looked like he was helping them learn to shoot. I have meet alot of different type of people at the range, and not all of those people were the safest, but everything has always turned out overall positive in my experience.
    I can't imagine being the guy looking at the people he was just helping and seeing two dead bodies on the floor.

It is very unfortunate when parents feel they are "helping" their children by relieving them of this world.

That's some pure BS.

The story I saw said she left a note claiming she intended to "send her son to heaven, and her to hell".

on a side note, has anyone here seen the Mist?

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Now another shooting today in Cali, a man shot his wife WTF it must be kill your family month or something. I for one am pulling my foil hat down snug over my ears...

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I guess I did sound kind of callous. I read elsewhere that the woman had a "history of mental illness".

Mental illness can be anything these days..... maybe she voted for BO? in my book thats menatl illness.

I was listening to a gun rep tell a story abot a gun range in Ohio where every 1 to 2 years someone will come in and rent a gun and kill themself.

Top Bottom