• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • citizenvain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sad and tragic and great ammo for the gun control crowd. After watching the video clip, I will ask this... if you were at the range, and saw this woman raise the gun , clearly well out of the desginated area, what would you have done? Would it be our duty as responsible gun owners to take her down for violating everyone's safety?

The video is pretty damning of the range, allegedly she was previously banned? Horrible.

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Sad and tragic and great ammo for the gun control crowd. After watching the video clip, I will ask this... if you were at the range, and saw this woman raise the gun , clearly well out of the desginated area, what would you have done? Would it be our duty as responsible gun owners to take her down for violating everyone's safety?

The video is pretty damning of the range, allegedly she was previously banned? Horrible.

What would you do, shoot her? This is such a random and unusual act that it would be almost impossible to prevent unless you had a single shooter pod.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Nope. I'm gonna leave it.
    reputation.gif
    This button works wonders in cases like this...

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Ok I am donning my aluminum foil hat. In recent weeks it seems like there has been an awful lot of this sort of thing going on. I am starting to wonder if any of these folks ever spent some time strapped to a chair being injected with psychotropic drugs while some crazy looking guy in a lab coat puts drops of saline in their propped open eyes, with lights flashing and inaudible screams sounding in the background...

Talking about MK Ultra? Well that one kid that shot those cops was just a washout who didn't want to move out of mommy's house and instead threw a tantrum and shot the officers responding. Now about some of the other shootings, it could be a start of a trend involving antidepressants and bad chemical reactions with other medications.

Last edited:

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South

They just wasn't enough time to identify her as a threat until it was too late. You would have to be absolutely sure that someone else was in danger before even thinking about shooting her. Most of your focus would be forward on the target you are shooting.

As a range officer, we were all required to carry. There is probably no way to stop the first victim. However, if the gunman doesn't take themselves out, it is possible to stop subsequent victims.

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Hey everybody

I made a comment about this thread and apparently got to the soft side of a lot of people on here. I would just like to say that I am sorry and I should have thought it was all right to share shooting lanes and I should have been more sympathetic towards the kid, (even though he can vote, buy alcohol, buy firearms, and kill people while working for our country) it was a bad comment to make and I will try to be more conservative in my typed thoughts from now on. Once again I do apologize:dunno:

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    I made a comment about this thread and apparently got to the soft side of a lot of people on here. I would just like to say that I am sorry and I should have thought it was all right to share shooting lanes and I should have been more sympathetic towards the kid, (even though he can vote, buy alcohol, buy firearms, and kill people while working for our country) it was a bad comment to make and I will try to be more conservative in my typed thoughts from now on. Once again I do apologize:dunno:

I/We appreciate the apology.

Mental illnesses can be difficult things to deal with, and they aren't all people staring out windows, drooling on themselves, then going berserk. They're moms, dads, brothers, sisters, spouses, aunts and uncles who can suffer from depression, obsessive-compulsive disorders, or any one of a slew of disorders caused by chemical imbalances in the brain. Most are regular people who live their lives the best that they can. I feel sorry for what happened to the young man and sorry for the mother too. It's tragic. I can't say that either of them deserved what happened.

:twocents:

SHEEPdOHdoubleG

Plinker
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    East Central Indiana
    Mentally Ill Mother Kills Son at Gun Range w/ Rented Gun

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vPnMbLr5nc&feature=fvwp&NR=1[/ame]

A security video from inside a gun range shows a Florida woman shoot her son in the back of the head before turning the gun on herself. Family members say she was mentally ill.

First, How awful right? This is one of the most incredibly heinous things I have ever seen, the young man, excited to spend a day at the range, the mother with a plot to kill.... AWFUL..

I saw this video a month or so ago, I didn't think I should post it then, and I am hesitant to post it now, but I think it deserves attention.

Is this proof that ranges which rent guns need to do a more thorough background check? I have never been to a rental range so, I do not know what the criteria is to be able to rent a gun, or what they need from you in order to do so. Lastly, how horrible of a range day for the guy shooting to their right!? What would you have done if you were him (not that there was anything you probably could do).

AJMD429

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Gosh, if we just had some more laws it might have prevented it. With only the law against murder, there wasn't enough to deter her from that crime. If only she had known there was some other 'gun' law she would have been breaking, I'll bet she'd not have done that. There's no way she could have done such a horrible thing without a gun, either, because using a car, gasoline, or chainsaw wouldn't have worked.

[/LibTard mode off... ;-)]

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Is this proof that ranges which rent guns need to do a more thorough background check?

No thanks. You can't stop crazy with a law. How hard is it to lie on a questionnaire anyways? Bad, bad idea.

I wonder what mind-altering prescription psychotropic drugs she was on.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    John22
    Top Bottom