Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Leadeye View Post
    Very true., but I can tell when somebody comes to work drunk and send them home or off to the EAP places, stoned isn't as easy for me. Both are capable of making serious single mistakes or watching defective product get boxed and shipped. Once had a guy bend over to pick up a clip board he dropped and two joints fell out of his shirt pocket. That time I could tell before there was a problem, but to my knowledge there is no MJ tester like a breathalyzer.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    Apparently the law hasnít stopped them from smoking it.
    Sort of like the gun ban in Chicago, isn't?
    ďA man's got to do what a man's got to do.Ē John Wayne

User Info Menu

True, but my sense is that once it's decriminalized manufacturing problems will go up as there's not a good way to detect it and people will be more comfortable with coming to work stoned or going out at lunch and getting stoned.

I don't really care what people do at home, it's not mine, the company's or the governments business. When they come to work stoned and affect my income I need to be legally able to deal with that.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bapak2ja View Post
    Over five years since I started this thread and the debate still goes on. Seattle has been the object of a serious study recently about how one deals with drug abuse, homelessness, and related problems. I think this relevant to this thread because many claim marijuana is a gateway drug. If it is, then this Seattle study may be the end game for many who use legalized marijuana. Others may disagree but I think the link is sufficient to raise the issue here.

If marijuana is legalized/decriminalized, then there is a chance increased drug use and homelessness will follow. I have not done the research to prove this, as there is a growing set of data that could be analyzed in the states that have taken this step with marijuana. For purposes of discussion only, let's assume the legalization does lead to increased drug addiction and homelessness. Could/should the taxes from the sale of marijuana be used to fund a treatment program such as the one launched in Providence, RI and presented in this documentary beginning about minute 46:00?

https://documentaryheaven.com/seattle-is-dying/

How would you proponents of legalization respond to programs such as that launched in Rhode Island? Would this change anyone's opinion on the realization of marijuana?

Just curious. Why d you think?
    I think that homelessness in Seattle is more about stupid progressive policies than anything relating to decriminalizing MJ. There are a number of reasons which we can get into if you want. Some studies on states that allow MJ use show their homeless population increases because it attracts homeless people from other states.
    -spreading the word to end the r-word is retarded
    -activism is retarded because, what if youíre full of ****?

User Info Menu

I cannot think of anything good that has come from legalizing drugs for recreational use. Even with medicinal use, somehow it gets out of hand. Just look at opioids. Abuse set in and now we have people who need it that are having a hard time getting it, if they can. Doctors are restricted in their prescriptions, thanks to the abusers. They legalize MJ for medicinal use and then for recreational use; what happens? It is abused and you have all kinds of problems....documented problems.

It's a money maker at our expense. More crime, more homelessness, more dependency and certainly more laws which are actually ways to put more controls on our lives.

We'll legalize it because we know you will abuse it and then we will need add more laws to protect (control) you.
    NRA - Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggidy View Post
    I cannot think of anything good that has come from legalizing drugs for recreational use. Even with medicinal use, somehow it gets out of hand. Just look at opioids. Abuse set in and now we have people who need it that are having a hard time getting it, if they can. Doctors are restricted in their prescriptions, thanks to the abusers. They legalize MJ for medicinal use and then for recreational use; what happens? It is abused and you have all kinds of problems....documented problems.

It's a money maker at our expense. More crime, more homelessness, more dependency and certainly more laws which are actually ways to put more controls on our lives.

We'll legalize it because we know you will abuse it and then we will need add more laws to protect (control) you.
    I'm confused the govt is legalizing these drugs in order to pass more laws to control us? Here I thought govt making drugs illegal was them controlling us.

I also wouldn't make opioid dependence part of the argument, those remain illegal and yet we have a major issue with them. You don't see many homeless strung out on the pot looking for their next fix.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggidy View Post

What good has come from their criminalization?
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Franklin
    Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tench Coxe
    Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... the unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Blakstone
    It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer.

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Concord View Post
    What good has come from their criminalization?
    It is the basic weakness of the people.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    It is the basic weakness of the people.
    The basic weakness of some weak people?

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jludo View Post
    The basic weakness of some weak people?
    Yes. Those who succumb to that weakness. We have all seen it. Friends we partied with when young. The everybody's looking for the weekend gang. Down the road many step out of that life into adulthood. Many can not make the transition. The weekend never stops.
    A very general analogy made with a broad brush but it sets the stage.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Yes. Those who succumb to that weakness. We have all seen it. Friends we partied with when young. The everybody's looking for the weekend gang. Down the road many step out of that life into adulthood. Many can not make the transition. The weekend never stops.
    A very general analogy made with a broad brush but it sets the stage.
    Wouldn't that logic take you to a place of banning big gulps as well though?

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast