Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

User Info Menu

In the same vein that I would advise you that laetrile won't cure your cancer or that you shouldn't consider an R1 for your first ever motorcycle, I would advise anyone not to go there

Any desire to build some level of escapism into your life through drugs or alcohol should make you cautious and concerned. I and my contemporaries sound hypocritical because we nearly all flirted with drugs as undergrads; and, hey, we came through it fine. But we concluded, correctly and quickly, that drugs make you lazy and stupid - and we have seen and known the people that cratered along the way, which you have not

Experience is a harsh teacher, she gives the test first and the lessons after. Right or wrong, someone who wishes to give you the benefits of their experience should get credit for caring about you enough to try
    You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you

User Info Menu

Someone just needs to invent a product that 100% masks the use of pot from a drug test. That mofo would be the richest man in America
    CASH 4 GUITARS & AMPS. Fender & Gibson. PM me.
    NRA Patron Life Member

User Info Menu

Jury nullification.
    Put me on a jury for a drug or gun charge of an average citizen that wasn't using it to commit a crime and I'm going to vote not guilty period.
    People need to start fighting these unjust laws made by the elite to control the masses.
    CASH 4 GUITARS & AMPS. Fender & Gibson. PM me.
    NRA Patron Life Member

User Info Menu

Stanhope has a good jury nullification bit.

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jludo View Post
    Which what? What are the positives of drugs?
    OK I understand and agree. But that should be obvious in my response. Laws are only followed by the lawful. Murder/theft/mayhem in general. All against some law or rule but yet many partake. If we remove all law then brother it would be the wild wild west again. I live it. There are more than a few people I would seriously love to smack in the mouth and trust e they deserve it. What stops me...????....Yup, the obvious legal issues that would follow. So I do not partake of that (anymore) to keep myself out of trouble. It is a choice I make under the societal rules/laws we all have to live by.

As I stated, what you do to yourself is your business and no concern of mine until those choices and activity's cross over into my life and cause me issues. Beyond that I could not care less. But there has to be boundary's set. With out clearly drawn lines we would implode upon ourselves.

Again, if you do yourself in with a lifestyle please do not tell me I am to fund bailing your dim bulb butt out of a mess. You put yourself there. Now figure it out. That is the consequence of poor choices.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Plinker

User Info Menu

Spot on. It's a trap of words and laws between state and federal.

User Info Menu

What I find fascinating is that prohibition, (outside of religions), is a relatively new idea for any culture.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BugI02 View Post
    In the same vein that I would advise you that laetrile won't cure your cancer or that you shouldn't consider an R1 for your first ever motorcycle, I would advise anyone not to go there

Any desire to build some level of escapism into your life through drugs or alcohol should make you cautious and concerned. I and my contemporaries sound hypocritical because we nearly all flirted with drugs as undergrads; and, hey, we came through it fine. But we concluded, correctly and quickly, that drugs make you lazy and stupid - and we have seen and known the people that cratered along the way, which you have not

Experience is a harsh teacher, she gives the test first and the lessons after. Right or wrong, someone who wishes to give you the benefits of their experience should get credit for caring about you enough to try
    Absolutely, which is why I have enough wisdom to learn from the experiences of others. I do not partake of anything besides beer and coffee. However, I know more than a few who toke the reefer as a recreation rather than as a lifestyle, and live very productive lives.

The funny thing is that we don't have an aversion to taking mind and mood altering drugs in our society, hell it's big business! We just have an issue with people self medicating.

You can't smoke opium!! Here take a Vicodin.

You can't smoke pot!! Here have a Valium.

You can't chew coca leaves!! Why don't you have an Espresso.

Prohibition isn't about living a better life, it's about the illusion of control. The unintended consequence is organized violent crime on an international level.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Time View Post
    Jury nullification.
    Put me on a jury for a drug or gun charge of an average citizen that wasn't using it to commit a crime and I'm going to vote not guilty period.
    People need to start fighting these unjust laws made by the elite to control the masses.
    Voir dire. The prosecuting attorney spends a great deal of time and effort trying to assure people who have already made up their mind about innocence are not empaneled, just as the defense attorney puts similar effort into winnowing out those who have already made up their mind about guilt
    You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ATOMonkey View Post
    Absolutely, which is why I have enough wisdom to learn from the experiences of others. I do not partake of anything besides beer and coffee. However, I know more than a few who toke the reefer as a recreation rather than as a lifestyle, and live very productive lives.

The funny thing is that we don't have an aversion to taking mind and mood altering drugs in our society, hell it's big business! We just have an issue with people self medicating.

You can't smoke opium!! Here take a Vicodin.

You can't smoke pot!! Here have a Valium.

You can't chew coca leaves!! Why don't you have an Espresso.

Prohibition isn't about living a better life, it's about the illusion of control. The unintended consequence is organized violent crime on an international level.
    Some pretty basic economic principles at work that proponents of prohibition continue to ignore.

Marijuana prohibition started as yet another set of racist laws (just like gun control)

Lawrence Vance had the following piece on LewRockwell.com today: https://www.lewrockwell.com/2019/07/...ban-marijuana/

Some of his comments seemed germane to the conversation here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Franklin
    Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tench Coxe
    Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... the unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Blakstone
    It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast