Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 104 of 176 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 114 154 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1758

User Info Menu

And have to pay all of the accused's costs and make him whole as far as lost wages, plus punitive damages along with a felony conviction.

Cogito, ergo porto.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    I think the penalty for false accusations should be the same as for the alleged crime when possible. In the case of "red flag" laws, it needs to be something that will actually motivate people to not do it. A small fine isn't going to work, but a potential felony conviction might.

Felony was originally a term of art describing the most heinous of crimes, those that had potential to harm or kill another actual person (as opposed to a corporate "person", these days.)

As usual, I find myself in agreement with the Rhino.

Well said, my friend.

Blessings,
    Bill

Thanks for your help in keeping this a great forum!
    Forum Rules#######Classifieds Rules##############?!?! wait...what?

User Info Menu

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...from-barbecues
    Vegan takes neighbours to court in Western Australia over smell from barbecues
    You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2A_Tom View Post
    And have to pay all of the accused's costs and make him whole as far as lost wages, plus punitive damages along with a felony conviction.
    An individual can't control whether criminal charges are brought, but he can always bring a lawsuit for just these types of damages....collecting them is another thing altogether.

Obviously, prosecuting someone who makes a false report is a good idea, as is looking into whether the current penalties are harsh enough.
    Last edited by HoughMade; 09-03-2019 at 13:14.
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

User Info Menu

The criminal charges should be written into the law.

There are financial remedies written into the preemption law I believe.

Maybe if it was publicized that some accusers lost everything it would be good.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2A_Tom View Post
    The criminal charges should be written into the law.

There are financial remedies written into the preemption law I believe.

Maybe if it was publicized that some accusers lost everything it would be good.
    Falsely reporting a crime is already against the law. It's a class B or A misdemeanor depending upon the circumstances and, in my opinion, should be a felony in many circumstances. However, private citizens can't force charges to be filed.

As with any crime, restitution can be ordered, but private lawsuits have a greater chance of higher verdicts....but you can't get blood from a stone whether it's criminal restitution or a private lawsuit.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bill of Rights View Post
    Felony was originally a term of art describing the most heinous of crimes, those that had potential to harm or kill another actual person (as opposed to a corporate "person", these days.)

As usual, I find myself in agreement with the Rhino.

Well said, my friend.

Blessings,
    Bill

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HoughMade View Post
    Falsely reporting a crime is already against the law. It's a class B or A misdemeanor depending upon the circumstances and, in my opinion, should be a felony in many circumstances. However, private citizens can't force charges to be filed.

As with any crime, restitution can be ordered, but private lawsuits have a greater chance of higher verdicts....but you can't get blood from a stone whether it's criminal restitution or a private lawsuit.
    But assets can be seized, back accounts frozen, liens placed on properties not seized and garnishment of any current or future wages, yes?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    But assets can be seized, back accounts frozen, liens placed on properties not seized and garnishment of any current or future wages, yes?
    Of course.....to the extent not exempted by law. https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-3...4-55-10-2.html

Maybe I'm stereotyping here, but I'm thinking that a lot of the people getting revenge on their ex or with the neighbor they hate aren't real.....solvent... beyond the exemptions.

User Info Menu

If they are a neighbor the just might have a house.