Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Cogito, ergo porto.

User Info Menu

Oh. My. God. What did I just watch?

I fell in a youtube hole (you know, where you watch this, and it leads to that and that leads to another....) and I stumbled onto this interview.

Dave Rubin, whose name I knew and little else about him, interviewed and chatted with Ben Shapiro, a conservative libertarian (note both words lower case is intentional) in 2016 on gay marriage, gun control, and Piers Morgan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rQ_mphb7HU

It was only after this ~half hour interview was concluded that I read that Mr. Rubin is mostly liberal (though that was briefly mentioned during the chat) and that he also is a gay man.

This is what these conversations should look like. No one got riled, no one raised voices, no one called names.
    This was a decent, refreshing example of how things can go when there is mutual respect for the other person's opinion, which does not require agreement with that opinion.

I liked Shapiro's work even before seeing this; I listen to his podcasts once or twice a week or so. Very impressive.

Blessings,
    Bill

Thanks for your help in keeping this a great forum!
    Forum Rules#######Classifieds Rules##############?!?! wait...what?

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

OK I am in. Will ear mark this for viewing this evening "AND"....damn good to see you posting again sir. You have been missed.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bill of Rights View Post
    I fell in a youtube hole (you know, where you watch this, and it leads to that and that leads to another....) and I stumbled onto this interview.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill of Rights View Post

Dave Rubin, whose name I knew and little else about him, interviewed and chatted with Ben Shapiro, a conservative libertarian (note both words lower case is intentional) in 2016 on gay marriage, gun control, and Piers Morgan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rQ_mphb7HU

It was only after this ~half hour interview was concluded that I read that Mr. Rubin is mostly liberal (though that was briefly mentioned during the chat) and that he also is a gay man.

This is what these conversations should look like. No one got riled, no one raised voices, no one called names.
    This was a decent, refreshing example of how things can go when there is mutual respect for the other person's opinion, which does not require agreement with that opinion.

I liked Shapiro's work even before seeing this; I listen to his podcasts once or twice a week or so. Very impressive.

Blessings,
    Bill
    SO THATS where you have been!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

User Info Menu

Just how deep DOES the rabbit hole go?
    Yes I am for gun control!! A firm grip, steady aim, and a gentle squeeze!!

What comes after your first "infraction"? Double Secret Probation perhaps???

User Info Menu

Rubin had some good interviews when he first started out on his own, he came out of the young Turks if I remember correctly. This is an example of that. Unfortunately he's fallen off here as of late, he seemed to have something to contribute in making interesting conversations but has kind of been drug down onto the mud since gaining notoriety. Harping on social justice and political correctness has become a tired tune a lot of my favorite public figures have been stuck on for a while now.
    I do like Shapiro being more than willing and able to talk with people of different perspectives, those are the interesting conversations.

User Info Menu

Shapiro impresses me. Seems like a very intelligent, well-spoken young man every time I've heard him speak.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

I have not heard anything from Shapiro that was off point. He will debate with anyone.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

I haven't listened to Shapiro before, but his conversational style here seems very "blurting" in nature. Is he always like that? It didn't generate interest for me to listen more. I'm a "linear-melody musical approach" kinda person, and he just seems like he throws random cymbal clashes all over the place. He's supposed to be this great debater, but I don't find him that effective, based on this one video.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Twangbanger View Post
    I haven't listened to Shapiro before, but his conversational style here seems very "blurting" in nature. Is he always like that? It didn't generate interest for me to listen more. I'm a "linear-melody musical approach" kinda person, and he just seems like he throws random cymbal clashes all over the place. He's supposed to be this great debater, but I don't find him that effective, based on this one video.

Keep watching him. He and Steven Crowder are incredibly intellgent and fast on their feet. They shred the supposed intellectuals on the left, leaving them looking like blubbering, stuttering fools.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    I have not heard anything from Shapiro that was off point. He will debate with anyone.
    And win. That man has a laser beam intellect.

Justin B. - "Make them watch Wonder Woman. They'll molon labe after that!"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast