Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 14 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 64 114 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    I care if he did something impeachable. I just don't believe what it looks like Trump did was impeachable. And even more importantly, this partisan bull**** is just plain not good for the country. The people who don't like Trump might like it, but I think that's short sighted. Removing a president from office should be bipartisan and have very wide public support. As I recall the time around Watergate, I think the nation could have withstood that. There was bipartisan support, and I think that a large majority of people thought he was guilty. But this isn't even on the same order of magnitude as that.
    I think those to the left of center think if they remove him, we'll just have to suck it

And there is a dishearteningly high chance that they may be correct, I just don't see right of center doing the #Resistance thing. We have jobs and responsibilities and such
    Who knew liberty would contain so many stems and seeds

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BugI02 View Post
    You seem to be saying that someone who in the past agreed with you on one issue, if they disagree on a different issue it can't simply be a case of they disagree - they must be being blackmailed or otherwise coerced.

That's a rather high esteem you hold for the validity your own opinions
    Dershowitz rather than say he was wrong about Clinton, says he's more correct concerning Trump.... even though it seems agreeing with something he previously disagreed with. That simply doesn't make sense. When something doesn't makes sense, I try to look beyond what is simply presented. Not to mention, generally the people that Dershowitz has defended have been thought to be guilty. It's a Who's who of scumbags: Tyson, OJ, Epstein, Jim Bakker... etc, etc... just sayin', he knows how to pick them
    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chipbennett View Post
    This opinion is an obvious violation of separation of powers, and in direct contradiction to prior SCOTUS decisions.
    And your law degree is from....where? If the article wasn't worth more than a "skim", it would be difficult to refute wouldn't it? No points to debate, etc.
    I all too often ran out of talent well before the exit of the turn. (© Señor Mouse)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    While I appreciate you looking out, Alpo, I'm not offended. Unlike others, I have never known Jamil to address me with malicious intent. Sure he's forgetful on a whole never level, but he's not cut from that cloth (at least toward me).
    https://kutfromthekloth.com

Sale going on now

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alpo View Post
    And your law degree is from....where?
    Siri, show me what an appeal to authority logical fallacy looks like.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chipbennett View Post
    Siri, show me what an appeal to authority logical fallacy looks like.
    As stated. You express an opinion and it has no basis in authority that I can discern. Your opinion also seems to lack authoritative support or citation.

As I stated in post #86: IANAL. That seems to establish my basis for citing the article, expressing at least some degree of ignorance of the law/rules. I asked you for your qualifications and you have to ask Siri about debate rules? Respectfully, that doesn't improve your argument.
    Last edited by Alpo; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:53.
    I all too often ran out of talent well before the exit of the turn. (© Señor Mouse)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BugI02 View Post
    https://kutfromthekloth.com

Sale going on now
    I am somehow reminded of the little dog "helping" the other little dog across the street. Moral of the story....be careful coming to the aid of a drowning man. He may pull you under.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alpo View Post
    I am somehow reminded of the little dog "helping" the other little dog across the street. Moral of the story....be careful coming to the aid of a drowning man. He may pull you under.
    Aww C'mon Alpo! Were the last two standing. I'm never, going to drag down someone offering aid, but I do have to be honest in how I see things.
    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

User Info Menu

Next time....I'll do a GOP lifesaving technique: If you are drowning 100 feet offshore, I'll throw a 51 foot rope and tell you I've met you more than half way.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by two70 View Post
    It amazes me that people still seriously think the Democrats actually want to call witnesses in the Senate where they have little or no control. I get that the anti Trump folks here and elsewhere would because they have nothing to lose so any chance of damaging Trump must be pursued. Those in the Senate and especially those in the house though, have something to lose if this sham is fully exposed along. The absolute best case scenario is that they slip one through the SC and Executive Privilege is curtailed for a witness or two and they can successfully keep the whistleblower from testifying. Even then Hunter Biden and Adam Schiff pleading the 5th is going to do some damage. Just as likely if not more so though, Executive Privilege is upheld, the whistleblower is forced to take the stand, and Schiff perjures himself. That is a lot of risk for little or no gain.
    But I have already seen Schiff saying Hunter or Joe Biden would not be a factual witness to the matter at hand. He has made no mention of the whistleblower, but now that they are done with him the same could be asserted about him and arguments made that his motivations do not affect the 'criminality' he supposedly revealed

I would expect Schiff and the house team to attempt to limit witnesses to only the ones they wish through public pressure amplified by their compliant media. The question is whether the usual squishes will open that can of worms by supporting witnesses at all, and whether they would have the stones to hold Schiff's own feet to the fire as well as the Bidens and Ciaramella. They had better have the sense to have exhaustive witnesses if they have any at all, but a long drawn out trial doesn't do the country any good as it derails actual important business beneficial to the average American. The Dems want to be able to say any quick dismissal is a whitewash and a cover-up and keep the cloud hanging over Trump while targeting control of the senate

We have to hope that disgust for 70+% tax rates and greatly expanded government control of just about everything will outweigh that, but that is a closer thing than many would like to think. If they thought their own constituents had any sense of propriety or fair play and might break with the 'get Trump' mentality, they would end this thing in a heartbeat. Until that time, they'll keep running this play because it works

Page 14 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 64 114 ... LastLast