Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Itchytriggerfinger View Post
    Never had any luck with houses so we go overboard with feeders. Thistle socks are cheap and easy if you don't mind the used condom look when they're empty.
    Refill them. Problem solved.
    Training, SOLDIER!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by patience0830 View Post
    Refill them. Problem solved.

User Info Menu

Lmfao^^^

User Info Menu

We put bird feeders up in the past, but after deer and raccoons find them, it's over.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

User Info Menu

I have tons of feeders and houses. We put baffles on the poles where I hang the feeders so the squirrels can't climb up and get into them. The finches take over the purple martin house every year and are already starting to move into it. I need to clean out the bluebird houses as I am starting to see them outside my windows.

I put out mostly a bird seed mix and suet cakes and then add oriole feeders in the summer that the hummingbirds and orioles both hit. I used to just do the hummingbird feeders but the orioles would try to feed from them and the holes were too small for their beaks.

The deer leave the bird feeders alone for the most part because I put out corn for them in another area. The wild turkeys eat most of what the songbirds kick out on the ground.

The squirrels help the deer with their corn as do the bunnies and raccoons. I seem to have all sorts of wildlife here freeloading on a daily basis.

Saw another pileated woodpecker a couple of days ago. We apparently have a few trees with ants in them as they are going nuts drilling holes in them. More firewood....
    L.F.F.L.

Follow my son's journey as he travels Europe for the next year on this thread.

http://ingunowners.com/forums/break-...adventure.html or by reading his blog at www.sketchytravels.com

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jmarriott View Post
    I shoot starlings and grackles.
    If I weren’t in the middle of town, I’d get the starlings, too. Since I can’t, I watch them instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by WILSON View Post
    n/m - hoosierdaddy1976 beat me.

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by boosteds13cc View Post
    It's either blue jays or deer that keep dumping out my feeders. I'm going with deer though.
    If you ave trees around I might suspect flying squirrels.

User Info Menu

It is not legal to shoot grackles - they are native birds. Same with RWBBs. They can be annoying, but you can't legally hurt them.

It is always open season on starlings and house sparrows.

People are using the term "finch," but I'm not sure what they mean. Goldfinches? House finches? Purple finches?
    Rights are only as secure as the ability to wield sufficient force to defend them. - J. Neil Schulman

“There's nothing wrong with the country a bad recession couldn't fix.” - Irving Kristol

"He's not a tame lion..."

1 Samuel 13:19

Psalm 149:6

User Info Menu

I believe the finches we have here are the house finches. I see gold finches but not in the houses.
    L.F.F.L.

Follow my son's journey as he travels Europe for the next year on this thread.

http://ingunowners.com/forums/break-...adventure.html or by reading his blog at www.sketchytravels.com

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AtTheMurph View Post
    If you ave trees around I might suspect flying squirrels.
    Squirrels can't get to the feeders or trash pandas. I have a few trail cameras up and found out how sneeky they both are. Relocsted some coons and possums

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast