Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosiergrass75 View Post
    Reason I'm leaning towards the XD is because of the safety in the handle..I want to carry chambered and feel a little safer having that safety in the handle..They both felt good in my hands and I've heard nothing but great things about Glocks...going to be a tough choice, but I'm sure I will be happy with either. Thanks for the replies so far!
    Shoot them both before you make a decision. Both felt awesome in my hands and super comfortable but when it came time to shoot them, I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with an xd. Also as far as the grip safety is concerned, get a quality holster and it shouldn't be a concern.

Between the wholesome cities of Detroit and Chicago!
    Springfield.

Lifetime warranty, and a custom shop that's only one day shipping.

I also like the .40. You can generally always find ammo, and it's mid-priced, so I think you're getting the best bang for your buck.

It kinda sounds like you answered your own question in the post about liking the safety on the XD. I don't think you'd necessarily go wrong with either, though I chose the G27 ...and, no surprise, would also recommend it! Keep in mind, however, that's my choice, not yours. Like others have said, it'd be quite helpful if you could shoot either and/or both if possible. Either way, enjoy!

I loved my XDSC. I held a Glock sc and I really wasn't a fan. Like everyone else said go with what feels better.

I like the 27, it is my EDC. I have the pinky extender on the 9 round mag that I carry in it and carry a G 22 mag as a spare. it also has night sights. It is very accurate and I do not have any problems with recoil.

Marksman
    I have an XDSC, albeit in 9mm. Not to beat a dead horse, but you should definitely hold and shoot (if you can) both guns to get a feel for them in your hand. From reviews I've read XDs are a little heavier than the equivalent model of glock and they have a slightly higher bore axis. Here is a thread discussing bore axis on XDs (ye be warned, said link is to an XD forum; bias might be present). I enjoy the extra peace of mind afforded me by the grip safety on my XD too.

I saw This Article about an AD with a glock right about the time I was looking for a gun and it helped me appreciate the grip safety on the XD.

This Torture Test and this Review from a law enforcement perspective were both helpful in reassuring me that the Springfield is a reliable and safe weapon. The torture test links to another forum where the article has been posted in full by a member because at the time I wrote this the website with the actual article was down.

Both of the reviews are referring to 9mm XD pistols. I posted them because they were insightful, unbiased, and extremely helpful when I was researching the XD-9 subcompact that I eventually purchased.
    Last edited by Relatively Ninja; 03-31-2011 at 05:56.

Nuff said. BTW, Plainfield Shooting Supplies gave me the best price in the area when I bought mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    I am ban-proof...

I personally carry a Springfield XD45. I love its feel from how it shoots to how it feels at my side. I cant compare it to a Glock since I have never shot one, but my buddy loves his. I seriously doubt you will go wrong!
    There, Their, They're!

XDs, a bit more ergonomic, nicer "looking". Having shot both, I prefer the G27 in regards to subcompact poly guns. Bore axis is lower, slightly longer barrel (plus the polygonal rifling helps the velo out). The XD only has a 3" barrel, sits higher in the hand, is snappier than the G27, mags are more expensive and the nickling on the mags looks cheezy. I love the XD series but cannot get over the grip safety. The way it sits in my hands for offhand, single handed emergency shooting will occasionally lock the gun up because I cannot engage the safety "just right".

More accessories for the G27, it appears and carries easier, etc... G27 all the way.

As others have said, find both, shoot them both and decide for YOURSELF.
    It's over for now... it seems... until yesterday begins again...tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by HamsterStyle View Post
    Shoot them both before you make a decision. Both felt awesome in my hands and super comfortable but when it came time to shoot them, I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with an xd. Also as far as the grip safety is concerned, get a quality holster and it shouldn't be a concern.

Don't know for sure about the Glock sights, as I do not own one, but the front sights on the XD and XD(m)s are not set up for a 6 o'clock hold. Cover your POA and you'll bring more rounds on target.

I learned this on after having initial trouble with my XDm .40. It made all the difference for me.

Tolerance is rarely practiced by those who demand it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast