• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OiRadio47

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Mishawaka
    Reason I'm leaning towards the XD is because of the safety in the handle..I want to carry chambered and feel a little safer having that safety in the handle..They both felt good in my hands and I've heard nothing but great things about Glocks...going to be a tough choice, but I'm sure I will be happy with either. Thanks for the replies so far!

Get a good quality holster and keep your finger off the trigger. I had the same concern before i bought my first Glock. Several years and 4 Glocks later... I always carry with one in the pipe and havent had a problem. I dont have any XD experience, but i love my G27. Ive heard nothing bad about the XD either.

dsom2006

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Noblesville
    I have a G23 and love it. But I am looking into getting something a bit more compact for summer carry. Considering heavily a Springfield, just not sure if I am going to get a .40 or .45 yet.

A lot of people love Glock and just as many would prefer something else, but I think all agree that it's an excellent choice. Plus I like the fact that there is no external safety.

FYI....SAXD doesn't offer the SC in .45 yet. If they do I will be first in line.

Mad Anthony Wayne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    NE central Indiana
    It's already been posted a lot, but you're down between a couple of solid choices. Go to your local shop, handle them both, check out which one feels better in your hand, check out the sights, ect. Then pick the one that's right for you. Keep us posted and have fun shopping!

INLIKEFLYNN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Speedway
    neither... try the M&P

I was in same boat with you. I was sure I wanted either a SA or Glock in sub-compact 9 or 40. I went to the 1500 with the intention of deciding between the two. My buddy that went with told me to consider the M&P. I had never held or even seen one before. I was very impressed. I would also prefer a back strap safety like the SA has, but the M&P feels so much better in my hands. I have medium sized hands, with short stubby fingers and a larger palm. I have not shot any of these 3, but plan to do so before my purchase, but the M&P is high on my list now. After holding all 3, I found the grip much more comfortable on the M&P. I didn't really enjoy the stippling on the glocks of any generation. My decision is now between SA and the M&P. Just my opinion. Good luck.

Garrett72

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Granger, In
    I have a G23 and love it. But I am looking into getting something a bit more compact for summer carry. Considering heavily a Springfield, just not sure if I am going to get a .40 or .45 yet.

A lot of people love Glock and just as many would prefer something else, but I think all agree that it's an excellent choice. Plus I like the fact that there is no external safety.

I have a g23 and a xdsc and when you size em up together the barrell length is the only difference in size between the two. I'm just saying your not going to see a big difference between the two. I think the xdsc even weighs a little more than the glock. :twocents:

jasonsromer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    MADISON
    Get a good quality holster and keep your finger off the trigger. I had the same concern before i bought my first Glock. Several years and 4 Glocks later... I always carry with one in the pipe and havent had a problem. I dont have any XD experience, but i love my G27. Ive heard nothing bad about the XD either.

OiRadio47 Is absolutly correct, quality holster and finger off the trigger is the best way to keep copper plated lead out of your thigh.

Glock has definetly made its name, so has Springfield, I was in the same boat about a month ago and ended up with a M&P 9 with no regrets.

Last edited:

Kbouma

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Howe, IN
    I have an XD .45 and absolutely love it. It is now my carry piece. I have no experience with the Glock (although I have heard nothing but good things about it) so I can't speak about it. My opinion is based soley on my experience owning and shooting the XD.:ar15:

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    I spent a while trying to decide between and Glock and an XD. I finally went with the XD solely because I liked the extra safety on the grip. Somehow JUST a trigger safety seems very scary to me. Now when I draw my gun to put it on my desk at home after work or whatever, I know I can grip the handle without engaging the grip safety and I know it's not going off. See, I was worried that something would get into the trigger (pencil, piece of folded paper, whatever) on the Glock and when I drew the gun out might cause it to go off. Maybe I'm just overly cautious, but now I know that is not a problem. Now I love my XD! Shoots great and feels good. Very comfortable to wear and very concealable. I wear it even under t-shirts in summer with an Uncle Mike's holster. I just ordered a Crossbreed holster and am anxious to try it. Seriously though, either gun is good. One point that the Glocks might have over the XD is that the XD doesn't like moisture. That is, I wore mine with the metal slide touching my skin for only about a week in a holster I was trying and I found a few small beginnings of rust. SO keep them away from your skin and oiled and they are good to go.

Top Bottom