• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    There is just something about a Toxic Green color that I love.

Sorry about the cell phone pics.

1015110100.jpg

1015110059a.jpg

1015110059.jpg

1015110100a.jpg

I must add new pics now that it is done.

IMG_0658.jpg

IMG_0650.jpg

Thank you all for the reps and liking my work. Those lucky enough to make it to one of the NWI Meet and Shoots can get the slides of your guns done too.
    I am thinking about doing the polymer part of the frame too.

Last edited:

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Just curious, what did you use?

This is Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Extreme Wear Nail Polish. I like to do the lettering of all my guns, extra corrosion protection, and it makes it stand out. This was my first attempt at doing the cuts on the slide. I think it came out very nice, but it was a huge pain in the rear. I don't think I'll be offering to do the slide serrations for free at the next NWI Meet and Shoot.

spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Nicely done, looks great! Out of curiosity which parts of the frame are you thinking of applying this to?

cgbills

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Avon
    This is Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Extreme Wear Nail Polish. I like to do the lettering of all my guns, extra corrosion protection, and it makes it stand out. This was my first attempt at doing the cuts on the slide. I think it came out very nice, but it was a huge pain in the rear. I don't think I'll be offering to do the slide serrations for free at the next NWI Meet and Shoot.

So what is the process? Do you just make sure it is deep into the lettering, then wipe off the excess with a sponge? I have been wanting to do this to my Zombie AR lower :)

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    That looks great. It's good to see someone else breaking out the nail Polish. My gf has this color that matches my sight dots perfectly, although next time I am going to use this blueish green color she has for a change of scenery.

cgbills

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Avon
    That looks great. It's good to see someone else breaking out the nail Polish. My gf has this color that matches my sight dots perfectly, although next time I am going to use this blueish green color she has for a change of scenery.

Does anyone have a "how to" on this?

Top Bottom