• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I wanted to do my logos also but thought it would run can't wait to see how your turn out.

yes it runs, that is where Qtips with non acetone nail polish remover come in. but the logos on the grip are going to be almost impossible as not all parts of the logos come up as high as the rest of the logo, but good luck if you try it

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    yes it runs, that is where Qtips with non acetone nail polish remover come in. but the logos on the grip are going to be almost impossible as not all parts of the logos come up as high as the rest of the logo, but good luck if you try it

I have some Hogues on the way hopefully, so i may try the factory ones once the new grips go on.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Well it is finally as done as it will ever get, prepare for more pictures in the next 10 minutes. I did all the controls on it, and one of the magazines.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    IMG_0650.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg

Now it is done. After many long hours, and several times taking the nail polish on and off till it looked right. When I get Night Sights or Green Fiber sights then it will truly be complete. But that is a ways off.

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    Those lines look nice and clean, how many coats is that? And has anybody used a clear topcoat?

I guess I'll put a pic up of mine also shortly.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Those lines look nice and clean, how many coats is that? And has anybody used a clear topcoat?

I guess I'll put a pic up of mine also shortly.

I used 3 coats. I didn't try a topcoat, but I considered it. I feel too feminine already to discuss that I know about the possible need for a topcoat. :):

Let's see a pic of your work too when you get a chance...

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    Just did my Glock 22 !!

IMG_1057.jpg

Rep to you sir!

Edit: I used three coats...about to put on a fourth...I've noticed the engravings around the top of the G in glock are not as deep as the other engravings

Last edited:

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    you guys don't get it, you don't need that many coats. The nail polish remover is going to take off any excess. one good one and let it dry. If you take off to much, then do a 2nd coat. Anything more than that is just kinda a waste.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I used crayon to do my XD. Works and looks just as good, way easier and faster....Clean the grooves out really well with alcohol then rub over them with crayon. Any extra wax rubs off with a dry rag or a rag with alcohol on it....If it ever wears or comes off, just rub over it again. My XD .45 is still on it's first crayon job...3 years later...

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    This isn't the same color the OP used, though I did grab that one also. I just thought this one was a little bit more Toxic:D so I thought I'd give it a try. As you can see it pales even the Izula!

This is the best my camera would do...

yqgiZ.jpg

y7N37.jpg

qmsH9.jpg

Thanks to the OP for the idea, overall I think it looks pretty good and it gives alittle "Flair" to my FNS gun!:rockwoot:

Last edited:

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    This isn't the same color the OP used, though I did grab that one also. I just thought this one was a little bit more Toxic:D so I thought I'd give it a try. As you can see it pales even the Izula!

This is the best my camera would do...

yqgiZ.jpg

y7N37.jpg

qmsH9.jpg

Thanks to the OP for the idea, overall I think it looks pretty good and it gives alittle "Flair" to my FNS gun!:rockwoot:

Looks great to me, thanks you guys, now i have to try it.

Top Bottom