• ...and so much more!
  • throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Hi all - this is a hypothetical.
    1st - I know that selling a handgun across state lines requires a 4473, would this situation comply with that requirement?
    Situation: If someone from State A (let's say Missouri) were to sell a handgun to someone in state B (let's say Wyoming), and person A is going to be there on vacaction - i.e. the person from Missouri is visiting Wyoming - can they have a local Wyoming gun store handle the transfer - from an out-of-stater to an in-state resident? (or perhaps from the out-of-stater to the store, and then from the store to the local resident)

So, person A and person B walk into a gun store together, in Wyoming, and the Missourian sells the cowboy a handgun on a 4473 done by the Wyoming gun store? Is this possible, is this legal? Do many/some/none gun stores accommodate this type of thing often?

I know many will say to just ship it from a MO FFL to a WY FFL-- that will be the next choice.. but if person A is traveling there with the gun anyways, and person B wants to shoot the gun before purchase, is this possible?

biggen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    I've done that on a number of handguns that I sold across the line into Ohio. Funny thing was, I had to call a number of gunshops in Ohio, before I found one that knew that you were required to do a 4473 on a personal sale across state lines.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    As long as you find an FFL in the buyer's state who'll accept a "walk-in" - then it's 100% perfectly legal.

If the buyer wants to shoot it first - then you arrange to meet at a range and shoot.

Top Bottom