Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

User Info Menu

glock 48 and 43x

If you can't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Marksman

User Info Menu

The local RK doesnít have them in stock yet. I just stopped by to check.

User Info Menu

WeaponsPro in Salem has one of each. Handled the 43X...think I'll keep my 365, thanks!
    "If you're gonna shoot..shoot! Don't talk..." Tuco

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BoilerWes View Post
    The local RK doesnít have them in stock yet. I just stopped by to check.
    Atkinsons in Greenwood has a few in stock
    If you can't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

User Info Menu

I just stopped by Ft Liberty in AVON to look at one. Nice pistol.
    I may get one someday.
    $449.95 + tax.

User Info Menu

Outdoor Marksman in Westfield has one each.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by STEEL CORE View Post
    I just stopped by Ft Liberty in AVON to look at one. Nice pistol.
    I may get one someday.
    $449.95 + tax.
    This is where I bought my very first pistol, a G4G17! Sold it promptly, I'm not really a Glock guy, and now everything I have is hammer-fired. But I'm going to give the G48 a serious look when I get a chance, it's the first Glock in forever that has my attention.

If anyone has picked up a G48, I'd love to hear what you think of it!
    Liberalism: a religion pretending to be a political movement.

User Info Menu

I handled a G48 today @ BTB in Seymour. It's SUPERB. Trigger is very different than any other Glock I've tried-- less much and takeup, a lot more substantial "click" and perhaps a bit stiffer.

Ergonomically, it's superior to any double stack Glock I've tried. The slide action sounds and feels a bit "cheap" compared to other Glocks, not sure how to describe this. It feels less mechanically precise.

Sights are better too ( I think this one had the optional meprolight sights).

I'd absolutely buy one for carrying if I was a glock guy, that slimmer profile is a great deal for carrying.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hohn View Post
    I handled a G48 today @ BTB in Seymour. It's SUPERB. Trigger is very different than any other Glock I've tried-- less much and takeup, a lot more substantial "click" and perhaps a bit stiffer.

Ergonomically, it's superior to any double stack Glock I've tried. The slide action sounds and feels a bit "cheap" compared to other Glocks, not sure how to describe this. It feels less mechanically precise.

Sights are better too ( I think this one had the optional meprolight sights).

I'd absolutely buy one for carrying if I was a glock guy, that slimmer profile is a great deal for carrying.
    Nice insights, thank you Hohn! Your thoughts on the slim profile being ideal for carrying is exactly what I'm thinking. And nice to hear some good feedback on the trigger and overall ergonomics. Interesting observation on the slide racking action. I'm presuming it's a dual recoil spring setup as most other guns have, but wondered if they might do a single recoil spring given that there's less mass to cycle.

Thanks!
    Liberalism: a religion pretending to be a political movement.

User Info Menu

I just pick up my 43X and I really like it, I really appreciate the full grip as I used to carry my Shield with the 8 rdn magazine. For me also is not about how small but how thin and light is. I like the trigger so don't plan to change it but sights are a must.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast