Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
    Plinker

User Info Menu

I have a basic RIA 1911 that I bought a few years ago. Have fired several boxes of ammo through it. Completely reliable and seems accurate enough for me.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Its a rock island, you get what you pay for. There are much better 1911s out there for not much more. Look in the pre-owned market as well. With how popular 1911s are, you can almost always find a good deal on one.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I bought one a couple years ago and it's quickly turned into my one of my favorite handguns. It's incredibly consistent and accurate. If you can find a good price you should go for it.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ru44mag View Post
    Springfield's 1911 Milspec defender series was mentioned early in the thread, and mostly ignored as a viable alternative. The MSRP is $549. Gunbroker has several under $500. I was wondering if the 1911 experts have any opinions on this pistol. Also, my wife's step-dad carried a Remington 1911 while in Vietnam in 1967-68. I recently saw the new Remington 1911 advertised for $399. So is it a budget option equal to or maybe better than the RIA's 1911?

1911 MIL-SPEC .45ACP Ė DEFENDERS SERIES

For a limited time, as part of the Defenders Series, Springfield Armory offers the best deal ever on our legendary 1911 Mil-Spec, with an MSRP of $549.00.
    The Defenders Series Sales Event is designed to encourage new shooters to invest in their first firearm, and introduce value-driven customers to the Springfield Armory brand. Different firearms will be available for limited periods at incredibly low prices.
    Individuals who purchase the Defenders Series Mil-Spec will receive an invitation to join The Defenders, an online community of enthusiasts who will receive exclusive offers, giveaways and discounts from Springfield Armory.
    The Springfield Armory Mil-Spec, like all Springfield 1911s, features a carbon steel frame and slide that is fully forged, rather than cast, for the utmost durability. The 5-inch Match Grade stainless steel barrel is also forged for lifetimes of use. The slide has slanted serrations and the mainspring housing is the original arched style found on GI issue 1911-A1s. The Mil-Spec 1911 also features fixed 3-dot sights, a lowered and flared ejection port, and a single-sided thumb safety. Each Mil-Spec comes with fully-checkered wood grips, unique to this Defenders Series model. This classic 1911 has a Parkerized finish to combat corrosion, and comes with one 7-round magazine.

SPECS

CALIBER.45ACP

RECOIL SYSTEMGI Style

SIGHTSCombat, 3 - Dot

WEIGHT39 ozs.

HEIGHT5.5"

SLIDEForged Steel, Parkerized

BARREL5" Stainless Steel Match Grade

LENGTH8.6"

GRIP TYPEFully Checkered Wood Grips

FRAMEForged Steel, Parkerized

MAGAZINES1 - 7 Round, Stainless Steel

MSRP$549.00

A friend just stopped by for me to look at his new 1911. It is one of these^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I like it. For the price point it is very well fit up. Trigger was what I expected and came in just north of 5lbs with the usual MIM grit. This usually smooths out with round count. But for the money I would go this route. He will be upgrading it soon.....
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Plinker

User Info Menu

I have a rock island. Have had it for over seven years and have more than 1,000 rounds through it. It takes anything I can throw at it. Very reliable very accurate. Canít go wrong for the money.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blues bondsman View Post
    I am seriously considering this Rock Island GI model 1911

My last 1911 was a very well worn in Springfield armory and that was in the 1980's so...

Call it nostalgia or the need for a 45 acp in the nightstand LOL
    I made the mistake of buying two. the 1st was a 3.5" 1911 45acp. Total junk sent it in to them three times they could not get it to fire without failures to feed or eject. Sold it to a guy that wan ted it for $200 knowing it was garbage.
    The 2nd one was a standard GI 45acp, same problem as the compact. Traded it for a Ruger LCRx 38 special.
    I'm done with RIA.
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6