Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 ammo

Plinker

User Info Menu

Glock 19 ammo

Getting things together so I can go to the range next week so a question or 3.
    Ammo, how picky can the 19 be about brands. Any brands to stay away from?
    Reloads, I know the owners manual says no but we all know reloading happens.
    I guess that is all for now.

User Info Menu

Not picky at all. I would suggest avoiding steel case and I always buy 124 GR bullets if possible because they are usually the same price as 115 GR bullets and I find them more reliable. Get some training and have some fun.

NRA Life Member / Basic Pistol instructor / RSO

"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard"
    Unnamed Navy Seal

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

Aron Bright
    Any man can make mistakes but only and idiot persists in his error.. Cicero 200 BC

Semi-Moderator

User Info Menu

About the only thing to avoid in reloading is cast bullets with a stock G**** barrel. The type of rifling they use is supposed to be a no-no.

Need help posting Pictures? GO HERE for imgur
    >>>>>>>>>> www.ingunowners.com/forums/forum-support-suggestions/446735-posting-photos-imgur-ingo.html

Or here for Photobucket https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...-tutorial.html <<<<<<<<<

How to embed a YouTube video....
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...st7836731NGOer

# 22951

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NHT3 View Post
    Not picky at all. I would suggest avoiding steel case and I always buy 124 GR bullets if possible because they are usually the same price as 115 GR bullets and I find them more reliable. Get some training and have some fun.

NRA Life Member / Basic Pistol instructor / RSO

"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard"
    Unnamed Navy Seal

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

Aron Bright
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtanker View Post
    About the only thing to avoid in reloading is cast bullets with a stock G**** barrel. The type of rifling they use is supposed to be a no-no.
    THIS to both.

Mine seems to prefer 124s for accuracy.

And you can buy button rifled aftermarket barrels if you want to reload lead. But you can still run plated or powder coated bullets fine in factory barrels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

Plinker

User Info Menu

Well I've already have some reloaded with 125gr. TMJ and some factory 115gr TMJ, so I guess I'm good to go.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post
    THIS to both.

Mine seems to prefer 124s for accuracy.

And you can buy button rifled aftermarket barrels if you want to reload lead. But you can still run plated or powder coated bullets fine in factory barrels.
    Most Glock 9mm's shoot 124 grain bullets more accurately!
    Stupid should hurt!!! ~ Amishman44

Plinker

User Info Menu

My 19 has about 40,000 rounds thru it and it likes most all ammo including my reloads. I have also almost completely stopped with all 115gr as I have found accuracy and less snappy recoil with 124 or 147. 147 is actually my preferred round the last several years. I do not do any steel cased stuff. Check out sgammo.com, a great company to do business with.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I will concur on the heavier 124 and 147 as my Glocka seem to be more accurate with them (Gen 4 19, 17 and gen 5 34). Ot but hat the 115's are ok but I can tell a difference plus with many matches the 124-147 do better on steel targets that have to be knocked over.

User Info Menu

The newer Glocks with “marksman” rifling can shoot cast.

Older poly rifled barrels should avoid cast.

Also, hard cast is ok in the older ones.

User Info Menu

Whatever you find the cheapest.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast