Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Ruger Mark lV 22lr Handgun Competition

Im going to take DadSmiths lead on this one and run with it. I have a new in factory packaging value 2 pack of 10 round Ruger Mark lV 22/45 22lr mags I have no use for. They have the square baseplates but I contacted Ruger and they're sending me 2 rectangle (boot shaped) baseplates tomorrow and will be included so (per Ruger) they can be used in any Mark lV 22lr handgun not just the 22/45 22lr.

Need a pic of your best 10 round group at 25' and a pic of the handgun. Please list the ammo used being the manufacturer, type and grain used. Please use something that can measure your group on target easily for all to see. A tape measure or coin will work. The best 10 round group will receive the mags in the mail after we're finished. Cut off date will be May 15th at 8pm.

- Only 1 post entry per shooter. You can try as many times as you like and erase a previous post and repost if you think its a better group up to cut off date but only 1 post entry per shooter.
    - Yes you need to use a Ruger Mark lV.
    - Yes a rest can be used.
    - Yes a scope, red dot or any sight you wish can be used.
    - Indiana residents only
    - No there are no age limits. Kids (with adult supervision) all the way up to Churchmouses' age (like Moses' age) can compete.

Any questions feel free to ask. Good luck and lets have some fun with this. Shoot safely and may the best shooter win.

Marksman

User Info Menu

4EF28944-C840-4169-BE05-8E19C1FD60C0.jpgAwesome! This should give us some purpose! We'll get to work on some grouping.

User Info Menu

Wanted to make sure everyone had a chance to see this.

User Info Menu

This sounds like fun. I was planning on trying it, then realized my only Mk IV is a full blown Black Mamba. I understand that would/should not be allowed. All my other Rugers are all Mk II models. No problem, I will have fun checking out the targets entered though. This is a great idea. Hope you get a lot of participants.

User Info Menu

I love this! It adds a little fun to life.
    I used to have two different Mark 4 pistols but now only have a Mark 3: bummer.
    With my old eyes I wouldn't have won but you know how I love to post range pics!

User Info Menu

Just checking in to see how it was going. Glad to see some more fun. Its always fun to give.
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

User Info Menu

These work really well for measuring groups. https://www.zrtacticalsolutions.com/...-all-day-22lr/
    There's lots of ________ on here who don't fit your particular stereotype, smearing us with goofball sophistry is what is out of line. It just makes gunowners look like *******s.

- CarmelHP

Master

User Info Menu

Ruger MKIV model #40163

SK Pistol Match Spezial, 40gr

25' measured from target to muzzle from a rest. 10 shots.

The measurement with the calipers is a very rough measurement of the out to out size of the group. The OTO is probably a bit larger and of course the CTC would be smaller.

Last edited by gmcttr; 04-14-2020 at 11:23.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    Ruger MKIV model #40163

The measurement with the calipers is a very rough measurement of the out to out size of the group. The OTO is probably a bit larger and of course the CTC would be smaller.
    Good grief, man...give the rest of us a chance....
    Don't blame me....it is Turbo's fault.

In my opinion, the M-1 Rifle is the greatest battle implement ever devised. - Lieutenant General George S. Patton, Jr.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    Ruger MKIV model #40163

Nice shootn Tex! I mean gmcttr 😎 Looks like the bar has been set ladies and gents.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast