Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 85 of 133 FirstFirst ... 35 75 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 95 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    6 months and a few days from purchase. I was shocked.

Screened the call this morning and didn't realize I had a voice mail until after lunch. It didn't take me long to shower and get on the road.

BTB had this can on the shelf and Silencer shop sent the forms quickly. I used their online site for payment, kiosk for finger prints and their phone app for the photos.

The two other cans I ordered from Silencer Shop's website (with BTB getting credit) and both were listed as in stock. Turns out "in stock" only means they expect to have then within two weeks and it was more like 4-5 weeks and they don't move the paperwork until they have the can in hand to confirm the serial number. I was not happy with the additional delay but what's another month?

Got to go put a few rounds through it.
    Congrats Reed

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    88 (aka The mad scientist)

User Info Menu

Very exciting, Reed! Now I just need to get one. Im falling behind!

User Info Menu

Which gun would you get the suppressor for?
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Leadeye View Post
    Which gun would you get the suppressor for?
    I kind of want to find a do-it-all option for rifles, but realize if I want it to work on AKs I would likely need the Dead Air Wolverine. Not sure how it does on the AR platform though.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SarahG View Post
    I kind of want to find a do-it-all option for rifles, but realize if I want it to work on AKs I would likely need the Dead Air Wolverine. Not sure how it does on the AR platform though.
    Hybrid 46?

Then you can buy a 458 socom. :-)
    Don't blame me....it is Turbo's fault.

In my opinion, the M-1 Rifle is the greatest battle implement ever devised. - Lieutenant General George S. Patton, Jr.

User Info Menu

Evening all.

Home and showered from an exhausting day building a wheelchair ramp at my friend's place. Grossly underestimated the time involved. Getting up and down repeatedly on the ground does make for a painful day. A rewarding rum n coke after a hot shower is helping me feel better.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T-DOGG View Post
    Evening all.

Home and showered from an exhausting day building a wheelchair ramp at my friend's place. Grossly underestimated the time involved. Getting up and down repeatedly on the ground does make for a painful day. A rewarding rum n coke after a hot shower is helping me feel better.
    Sounds like a day spent well.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 88E30M50 View Post
    Sounds like a day spent well.
    It really was. My wife and I have been helping our mutual friend with getting some stuff fixed up around her house the past month on the weekends. It's nice to help, it keeps us busy and it's saving our friend money.

User Info Menu

About a month back, I moved my one and only suppressor from my 300BO HD pistol to a new 5.56 AR pistol. The 300BO has an 8.5 barrel and the new 5.56 has a 12.5. Both platforms run well with the suppressor. My main reason for jumping over to the 5.56 for HD is the ability to just focus on a single caliber in the ARs for social work.

I did find out that the 300BO tends to keyhole with subsonics but seems fine with normal ammo. Its a 1/8 twist barrel which Ive read about having that issue with that twist and subsonic ammo.

Im trying decide if I want to get out of 300BO all together or to go back to the 300BO for the HD gun. That 4 makes a world of difference in the feel of the gun and the AR pistol suddenly feels a lot bigger where the 300BO never did with the can.

I think that I need to just shoot the 300BO more and ditch subsonics all together. The gun does not like them. Buying ammo is not going to happen right now, so a parts a shopping I need to go.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T-DOGG View Post
    It really was. My wife and I have been helping our mutual friend with getting some stuff fixed up around her house the past month on the weekends. It's nice to help, it keeps us busy and it's saving our friend money.
    That is really nice. Its great that this is a family affair for you. Its not just a win for you, but is a win for your entire family helping someone without any expectation of a return.

Weve been tied to helping my mother downsize and its wearing on everyone. Its also nearing the end though and shes officially out of her house, so we can dump stuff a bit easier. Next weekend should be the last weekend focused on prepping her house for sale but there are a ton of things I still need to do. Downspout work, sidewalks that chipmunks keep undermining, replacing all switch plates, installing a new light fixture, paint touch up and about a dozen other things .

Page 85 of 133 FirstFirst ... 35 75 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 95 ... LastLast