Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Anyone remember this post?

Hint: It was from BA in 2015

The main character in a book out of Japan, set in Chicago, her main gun is a CZ 75. After reading about it from the characters point of view, I kind of wanted one. It was the first gun I bought without test firing it first. The reason I originally bought the book was the cover, which featured my all time favorite car, a 1967 Shelby GT500. I also have a set of these books in the original Japanese, which I can't read.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My first real CZ was a compact. I still have it. It’s butter smooth after more than 4K rounds through it. Despite being fully Cajunized, it has a longish trigger reset which is Ok for carry. The SA trigger is around 2# though, IIRC.

I wish that I still had my first 1911 but traded that one for a S&W 66.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Gun money spends differently than other money. I’ll hold off on putting a $900 bed cover on my truck, despite how useful it would be, but have no problem dropping $1200 on another AR build despite having a closet full of them already. A $1200 wheel/tire package for the Spider will get thought about for years while I struggle with parting with the cash but show me a $1700 1911 and I have no issue with spending.

I’ve been thinking about a computer upgrade and just have trouble parting with the cash but if it were an AR, I’d have 3 of them by now.

Within a certain price range, yeah, but over a certain range, or overall amount of purchases in a period and I start to think about what all else is in the queue for the $. Having a couple of kids in college, and wife who always has her list of things she is looking toward, definitely seems to put some thoughts in front of the the next gun.

That said, if I see something within my "normal" range and its a good value, and it's something that I've been researching/pivoting toward, I'll move fast (you have to, otherwise things tend to move as there is always another guy thinking the same thing). But then I tend to approach most purchases like that. I've jumped on a couple of gun related purchases/trades lately, but appear to have been good to great values for the $.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    After $ 23,000 of exterior house upgrades, I might not buy a gun this year.......if I do, it would have to be very, very special !

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    After $ 23,000 of exterior house upgrades, I might not buy a gun this year.......if I do, it would have to be very, very special !

I can relate. I dropped a very large chunk of cash on interior renovations this year as well, after having bought the house late last year. Major $$ has been flowing of late. And there are additional items on the interior list, etc.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom