• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CCPLuvr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Elkhart
    I'll start by apologizing for being a terrible photographer.
    I've been lusting after one of these revolvers for years, finally decided it was time to pull the trigger... In years past I was pretty successful in earning my distinguished revolver badge in NRA bullseye matches along with placing very highly at Camp Perry revolver matches. My S&W revolvers performed OK but not great. I wish I had one of these during those years then.
    MR38.jpg

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Nice looking revolver. Never heard of them before. What is in the package in the upper right of the box?

CCPLuvr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Elkhart
    Nice looking revolver. Never heard of them before. What is in the package in the upper right of the box?

Inside the plastic bag is 2 different rear sight blades. I'm not certain but believe they are different height openings. Under that is a hollow plastic cylinder that holds the cleaning kit. The cleaning rod screws into the plastic cylinder allowing it to become the handle.

CCPLuvr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Elkhart
    Wow that is really nice. I’ve never heard of it before.

Incredibly made revolvers with a lot of attention to detail and fitting. I put 100 rounds through it this afternoon, should have kept the targets. It is without doubt the most accurate revolver I've ever shot.

CCPLuvr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Elkhart
    The importer also has a couple different MR73 357s with this same Match barrel profile, I may look at one of those in the future.
    The Trausch grips have the bump at the top where your hand is supposed to stop, I found it to be a little uncomfortable. Nills are a little pricey but I forget about that after shooting a gun with them a couple times. Unfortunately Nill stopped making the stippled grips for this revolver, that would have been my first choice.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    That is one nice pistol.. I do love the workmanship on those Manurhin.. You can get them used and the are better the some brand new pistols.

But a word of advise watch yourself with those. One guy I know, a bit of a emotional rascal, God bless is old heart. He got one and then overnight he was buying more and more French guns.. Then he would sucker his friends who had low will power to buy French guns. Then like that kid in the "Breaking Away" movie.. At the range he would only speak French and sings French songs as he marched to the cars. When he hit the Beret phase ... Well... you can see it got pretty bad. So just exercise a little christian restraint and do not go down that black hole.

And again a wonderful revolver, Was it New??

CCPLuvr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Elkhart
    That is one nice pistol.. I do love the workmanship on those Manurhin.. You can get them used and the are better the some brand new pistols.

But a word of advise watch yourself with those. One guy I know, a bit of a emotional rascal, God bless is old heart. He got one and then overnight he was buying more and more French guns.. Then he would sucker his friends who had low will power to buy French guns. Then like that kid in the "Breaking Away" movie.. At the range he would only speak French and sings French songs as he marched to the cars. When he hit the Beret phase ... Well... you can see it got pretty bad. So just exercise a little christian restraint and do not go down that black hole.

And again a wonderful revolver, Was it New??

LOL! That's great...
    Brand new, picked it up on Saturday. I'll keep some targets from the next range trip, it's incredibly accurate.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    LOL! That's great...
    Brand new, picked it up on Saturday. I'll keep some targets from the next range trip, it's incredibly accurate.

Well we can laugh now but it was pretty bad for a while.... WHen you fiddle with the trigger pull adjustment, I will love to hear what you think...

Last edited:

CCPLuvr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Elkhart
    Well we can laugh now but it was pretty bad for a while.... WHen you fiddle with the trigger pull adjustment, I will love to hear what you think...

I tweaked them a little before the first shooting session, it helped lighten both SA and DA. But I gave them quite a bit more lightening before shooting yesterday. I cut the pull weights in half and still didn't have any issues lighting off CCI primers... Right now SA is just a little under 4 lbs, I prefer the 3 lbs range on revolvers so a little more tweaking is in order. :)

CCPLuvr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Elkhart
    Here's a target I shot last evening at 25 yards offhand. These were all shot DA, fairly quickly. My shooting was kinda sloppy so please excuse that. If there's anyone not familiar with the B8 target the center 10 ring is right at 3 3/8" diameter. The MR38 was hitting exactly where it was pointed every time. The load was using Zero 158gr JHP bullets and CCI primers. There's 50 shots on this target with over half on or in the X ring.
    20200928_080933.jpg

CCPLuvr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Elkhart
    I did shoot some Zero 148gr HBWC loaded ammunition at 50 yards but forgot to keep that target. Each shot was exactly on call with nice, round holes. I'm playing with Zero 148gr HBWC bullets, Winchester primers, WST powder and RP wadcutter brass to find a combination the gun will enjoy eating regularly...

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    I tweaked them a little before the first shooting session, it helped lighten both SA and DA. But I gave them quite a bit more lightening before shooting yesterday. I cut the pull weights in half and still didn't have any issues lighting off CCI primers... Right now SA is just a little under 4 lbs, I prefer the 3 lbs range on revolvers so a little more tweaking is in order. :)

Neet, that sounds cool..

CCPLuvr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Elkhart
    The rebound spring screw is turned down to just below 3 lbs on the SA trigger. The mainspring screw is turned down quite a bit as well, but I don't have a means of measuring this yet. It still has no issues lighting off CCI primers yet.

Top Bottom