Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Indianapolis City County Council

Local, Indianapolis City County Council is looking at encouraging Indiana to support a ban on "assault" weapons and "high capacity" magazines. See email below sent to me by a councilman/friend. Please try to make it and let the councilman who wrote this email know how you feel:

To: Members of the Community Affairs Committee
    Date: June 7, 2018
    Re: Meeting Notice
    There will be a meeting of the Community Affairs Committee of the City-County Council
    on Wednesday, June 13, 2018, at 5:30 p.m. in Room 260 of the City-County Building. It
    is anticipated that the following items may be considered by the committee.
    PROPOSAL NO. 112, 2018 - urges the Indiana General Assembly to support a ban on
    assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.

User Info Menu

"I'll take 'Examples of Overplaying a Hand' for a thousand, Alex."
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

User Info Menu

It's been about four years since I've done any legislative work, but I don't think it takes a genius to determine this one is DOA.

But, it is some good virtue signaling, pandering to the base.

I am sooooo glad to be out of Marion County, where my tax $$ no longer help subsidize this kind of silliness, instead of, say, fixing sewers or paving roads. But fixing sewers and roads isn't as cool.

User Info Menu

I sent my emails to oppose this nonsense.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wtburnette View Post
    I sent my emails to oppose this nonsense.
    Same here. Hopefully it is DOA as mentioned but it doesn't hurt to let these people know their ideas are not well-received.

Freelance Gynecologist Trigger Time's Avatar

User Info Menu

Interesting. I wonder if Councilman Mascari uses firearms to protect the jewelry store he owns in Beech Grove, Spalding Jewelers?
    Usualy the left ruling class always thinks they should have rights but the subjects, the people shouldnt.

I'm sick and tired of these traitors thinking they can dictate what my rights are or take them away. They cannot.
    Cowards die many times before their deaths, The valiant never taste of death but once.

User Info Menu

Hold up.

Its important to understand what they're going to do.

They can't actually regulate those things because pre-emption.

What they can do is "officially" "ask" the General Assembly to let them regulate it. And there will be debate and handwringing about the resolution doing the "official" "asking."

But, there's really nothing substantive they can do on the matter.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Lex View Post
    Hold up.

Its important to understand what they're going to do.

They can't actually regulate those things because pre-emption.

What they can do is "officially" "ask" the General Assembly to let them regulate it. And there will be debate and handwringing about the resolution doing the "official" "asking."

But, there's really nothing substantive they can do on the matter.
    I am tracking, and I hope everyone else is, too. This kind of "request," if passed by the City-County Council, will fall on deaf ears at the legislature; that is what I meant by "DOA."

It is still wasteful of the taxpayers' money and precious legislative time at the local and state levels to engage in this kind of hand wringing.

User Info Menu

I question how "precious" the City County Council time is. Part of me thinks this rabbit hole will keep them from other distractions that could actually impinge on rights.

User Info Menu

Here is his email address:

frank.mascari@indy.gov

Mr. Mascari:

Good luck with this proposal 112. The Indiana preemption law will render it meaningless even if you clowns do pass it.

Is it not bad enough that you waste taxpayer resources on matters such as the Red Line? Must you go further wasting taxpayer resources with grandstanding such as this?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast