Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Expert

User Info Menu

Selling IL resident ammo?

As the title says is it legal for a IN resident to sell ammo to a IL resident. They have a FOID. Issue is buying bulk ammo on sale in IL it can't be shipped to there home. And then there's a upcharge for going through ffl.

User Info Menu

It's only illegal if you get caught. But whatever you do don't post about it on the internet.

*legal disclaimer: I have no idea if it's illegal or not. Just being a smartass online.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJQ6945 View Post
    Jagee makes Beetlejuice look like a *****!

Expert

User Info Menu

I'm trying to stay legal so that's a no.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Legal issues aside, I don't see why they'd need any assistance from an IN resident. Couldn't they could just go into Cabelas or Walmart or wherever in IN and buy whatever they want?
    It's not a tool, it's a weapon. *I* am the tool.

Expert

User Info Menu

Buying bulk ammo online is cheaper then bulk ammo at Walmart or cabelos. But I have no plan on doing it if it is illegal. I keep telling him to move lol.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dosproduction View Post
    As the title says is it legal for a IN resident to sell ammo to a IL resident. They have a FOID. Issue is buying bulk ammo on sale in IL it can't be shipped to there home. And then there's a upcharge for going through ffl.
    I lived in Illinois and you can get it shipped to your home. Unless it has changed recently, all they need to do is get the store a copy of their DL and FOID. The story will keep it on file and should ship it tho the home. I.E. Cabela's, Midwest, SportsmanGuide and such, all shipped to my home. I took a pic of my DL and FOID and emailed it to - all set to go.

Again, unless it has changed in the last 1.5 years.....that's how it is.

(Cabela's would not take an internet order. I would have to call them if I wanted it shipped to my home. For in store pickup I could order online)
    NRA - Life

User Info Menu

Peoples Republic of Illinois...glad I do not live there or Peoples Republic of California. Seen the latest law now in effect there (Comifornia) where they do a background check on ammo purchases now. Indiana born and raised. Man I love it!!
    " YOU SERIOUS CLARK ? "

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggidy View Post
    I lived in Illinois and you can get it shipped to your home. Unless it has changed recently, all they need to do is get the store a copy of their DL and FOID. The story will keep it on file and should ship it tho the home. I.E. Cabela's, Midwest, SportsmanGuide and such, all shipped to my home. I took a pic of my DL and FOID and emailed it to - all set to go.

Again, unless it has changed in the last 1.5 years.....that's how it is.

(Cabela's would not take an internet order. I would have to call them if I wanted it shipped to my home. For in store pickup I could order online)
    You have my deepest condolences.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    You have my deepest condolences.
    But now I live in Indiana!
    NRA - Life

User Info Menu

As far as I know there is no Federal or Indiana law preventing ammo sales to out of state residents. If they drive to Indiana and the sale is made here between private citizens you should be good to go.
    Well the sheriff couldn't catch me now, but his little girl? Sure wish she would.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast