Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: The Roberts Court Will Not Defend the Second Amendment, Ever!

Cogito, ergo porto.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2A_Tom View Post
    I believe the opposition research arm of the Democratic party have something on him. Many of his rulings have been suspect, for a conservative.

IMNSHO
    Quote Originally Posted by rhrlaw View Post
    I'm starting to think Roberts has a few boys in his closet; nothing else can explain his consistent 5-4 rulings on key issues.
    The theory I heard recently was that he and his wife recently adopted two young children, and as hard as it is to do, they got two young White children (that look like them, in other words) without any so-called handicaps.
    The idea was that during the process, neither he nor his wife was aware of any irregularity, and so they are both blameless and all is well, but the two children, whom they have come to love and care for as their own, and who have a pretty nice life as the children of the Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court, if it turned out that they were trafficked (ETA: or if their adoption was in some way irregular,) would be taken from him and put into the foster system. And their parents might actually be found and they could be reunited, but it is unlikely that the children would have the life they'll have with the last name Roberts. (ETA: It seems the children were infants when adopted circa 2000; that leverage if it ever existed may have run out now, I don't know.)

Very tinfoil hat, I know, and as low a move as any I've ever heard of, but I would not put this past some on the Left.

Similar could be applied to AJ Kavanaugh or any other unsuspecting Conservative they chose to rope in.
    Last edited by Bill of Rights; 07-31-2020 at 08:52.

Thanks for your help in keeping this a great forum!
    Forum Rules#######Classifieds Rules##############?!?! wait...what?

User Info Menu

Interesting interview with John Lott on the Derek Hunter Podcast today. (I listen to it on Apple, suppose it's other places if you want to check it out). Lott commented that he's been told by Supreme Court clerks that Roberts does not want to preside over any controversial cases, including gun control, and will "punish" any justices who grant cert to cases he doesn't think they should hear. That was one reason why none of ten gun rights cases were heard this session, and Lott implied that's why Roberts has voted with the left on significant cases.

Cogito, ergo porto.

User Info Menu

That's as valid a theory (if not moreso) than the one I mentioned.... but the question I'd ask would be WHY he doesn't want the controversial cases.

Quote Originally Posted by JTScribe View Post
    Interesting interview with John Lott on the Derek Hunter Podcast today. (I listen to it on Apple, suppose it's other places if you want to check it out). Lott commented that he's been told by Supreme Court clerks that Roberts does not want to preside over any controversial cases, including gun control, and will "punish" any justices who grant cert to cases he doesn't think they should hear. That was one reason why none of ten gun rights cases were heard this session, and Lott implied that's why Roberts has voted with the left on significant cases.

Thanks for your help in keeping this a great forum!
    Forum Rules#######Classifieds Rules##############?!?! wait...what?

User Info Menu

Is one of the kids name Jared and very smart and the girls name Parker?

2+2=4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 04FXSTS View Post
    SCOTUS is the biggest reason to vote for Trump! Biden or whoever will replace anyone that leaves the court with a Beto type justice. Busch blew it with Roberts. Jim.
    Busch did blow it. Roberts is way more Liberal than Conservative.

The unarmed man is not only defenseless - he is also contemptible.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4