Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: AR Triggers

User Info Menu

I don't have any DMR rifles so I typically stick with alg triggers.

Hop

User Info Menu

Elfmann triggers are probably the best feeling trigger I've tried. Smooth as silk, crisp, short distinct reset. They are on my want short list.

I have a couple RRA, PSA enhanced and a Geiselle SDE. All are nice but that Elfmann....

User Info Menu

Mil spec fcg with a set screw mod in the grip. Adjust and go out and shoot
    Follow me on Instagram @gunrunner219

User Info Menu

Timney makes a good trigger. For a lot of the AR guys, they're a bit on the light side and don't get recommended much because of that.

And your buddy is wrong. I'd stay away from those RRA aftermarket triggers. A Timney will be a better trigger group. The RRA 2 stages are cheap for a reason. Parts is not parts. You get what you pay for. RRA 2 stages are known to break. Although, if you only shoot a few hundred rounds a year, it's probably never going to break on you, and it'll be a nice upgrade.

CMC, Geissele, Wilson, Timney, AR Gold, Larue, Hiperfire, and Elfmann. They make good reliable triggers. Start there.

Quote Originally Posted by DSmith78 View Post
    Are any of the triggers mentioned above better then just a timney drop in trigger or are those not considered to be good? I was looking at one of them but my buddy says i need to get a rock river 2 stage trigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by KG1 View Post
    You are the expert in all things read about on the internet.

Hop

User Info Menu

I know the RRA 2 stage NM triggers get hated on but I've had really good luck with 3 of them. I think they are the bargin side of good. They aren't the best like the ones Seedubs mentions but are good when on a budget.

I have ran them in my SlideFire lower, thousands of rounds at shooting "parties" and it has held up very well. I've also had a large pin version in an old Colt lower for 15+ years. Also fine. I put a 3rd into a gun for my sister, also no trouble but only ~500 rnds so far.

User Info Menu

Primary Arms is running a 20% off sale on Geissele triggers currently. Some good deals to be had.

User Info Menu

I've just read too many "my RRA 2-stage went full auto or burst at the range" stories to really trust them. They definitely feel good for the price paid. I think the reliability is just not there. Then again, there's tons of them out there, and the squeaky wheel is what's heard on the internet. I think you're likely to get a good one that you won't have issues with. But the failure percentage seems to be higher than other options.

If it's just a range / game gun, I'd throw the mil-spec trigger it replaced in the range bag. If the RRA goes south, swap out the trigger. It's about a 5 minute easy thing to do. But if it were my bedside gun or something like that, I'd take a mil-spec trigger over an RRA.

Glad yours are holding up for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hop View Post
    I know the RRA 2 stage NM triggers get hated on but I've had really good luck with 3 of them. I think they are the bargin side of good. They aren't the best like the ones Seedubs mentions but are good when on a budget.

I have ran them in my SlideFire lower, thousands of rounds at shooting "parties" and it has held up very well. I've also had a large pin version in an old Colt lower for 15+ years. Also fine. I put a 3rd into a gun for my sister, also no trouble but only ~500 rnds so far.
    Last edited by seedubs1; 03-29-2016 at 10:38.
    You are the expert in all things read about on the internet.

KG1
    Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hop View Post

Sounds like your real world first hand experience trumps anything read about on the internet in your case.

User Info Menu

A sample size of 3 is not sufficient to prove reliability.

Sounds like your real world first hand experience trumps anything read about on the internet in your case.

KG1
    Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by seedubs1 View Post
    A sample size of 3 is not sufficient to prove reliability.
    They are in his case. That's what I stated "in your case" But you are the expert in all things read about on the internet.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast