Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by two70 View Post
    When talking about what bullets will be stabilized by a given twist rate it is not about the weight of the bullet as much as it is about the length of the bullet. Of course weight tends to go up as length increases but some bullet designs produce longer bullets for a given weight than others. The best bet is to try a bunch of different quality bullets and see what shoots the best for you. One thing I will caution you on, is that bullet weight is a poor substitute for tougher bullet construction. Plenty of deer have been killed with a wide variety of bullet types and bullet weights from .243s when everything goes right but when things don't go quite right you can save yourself a lot of headache and heartache by using a tougher bullet. A premium bonded, or better yet mono-metal bullet is cheap insurance.
    Thanks. I will only use a bonded or mono bullet. I had already decided that.

Quote Originally Posted by pudly View Post
    FYI- You can make that assumption, but not everyone intends to dicker.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    Sponge Bob was the engineer who designed the Glock trigger. The feel of the trigger press was a self-portrait.

***Hey, you be friends with Kirk Freeman and see how it affects you.***
    INGOer # 23050

You'll have to find out what YOUR rifle likes. Take rifles off the assembly line side by side and they may prefer different ammo.
    My first choices have been Federal Premium, Fusion has been pretty fair, and Hornady. They seem to be consistent and seldom do any of these let me down.
    The more you sweat in training the less you bleed in battle.

My old Ruger M77 with 1-9 twist shoots 80-100grn real well. Wonderful cartridge the .243 is.
    I wont be wronged, I wont be insulted, and I wont be laid a hand on.

My Remington .243 likes 95 grain Fusion. 1 - 9 1/8 twist
    A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.

Master
    With the Rossi single shot I can not remember if it has just one or two forearm screws. Being a contender fan for years a nice little rubber washer or two under that firearm to somewhat free float the barrel might help your groups tighten. The sling swivel is a nice place for a bi pod also.

When you you get it nice and broke in you will be surprised how fast one can reload and get off a second shot with a single shot rifle. Seldom needed as one good shot is really all it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by jmarriott View Post
    With the Rossi single shot I can not remember if it has just one or two forearm screws. Being a contender fan for years a nice little rubber washer or two under that firearm to somewhat free float the barrel might help your groups tighten. The sling swivel is a nice place for a bi pod also.

When you you get it nice and broke in you will be surprised how fast one can reload and get off a second shot with a single shot rifle. Seldom needed as one good shot is really all it takes.
    It has one screw in the forend. It also doubles as a sling mount.

This rifle was used when I recieved it. I just need more time behind the trigger. I've only put about 25 rounds through it so far. That makes it under 40 rounds I've ever shot from a non-AR, non rimfire rifle. Although I did do pretty dang good with 1911ly's AllenM 300 win mag build.

Quote Originally Posted by pudly View Post
    FYI- You can make that assumption, but not everyone intends to dicker.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    Sponge Bob was the engineer who designed the Glock trigger. The feel of the trigger press was a self-portrait.

***Hey, you be friends with Kirk Freeman and see how it affects you.***
    INGOer # 23050

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtanker View Post
    Thanks. I will only use a bonded or mono bullet. I had already decided that.
    Spot on
    It's worth it to spend a bit more on the ammo for maximizing bullet performance to bring your quarry down rapidly with a proper hit, both to recover the deer and to be ethical.
    Having a premium bonded or mono bullet will also greatly improve those odds with unusual angles or very short or longer distances.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3