Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

If you want to go cheap, Palmetto State Armory is your best bet. I'm a Colt guy myself, check out the AR15A4. It's a sweet rifle.

https://grabagun.com/colt-ar15a4-ar15-carbine.html

Plinker

User Info Menu

I have 2 and they are nothing special but do the job. (Norean billet lowers with palmetto uppers). In my opinion if $500 is your budget look at somewhere like palmetto st armory. Shop their weekly deals for a few weeks and youíll find what you need for a good price. Do yourself a favor and put a good trigger ($150+), as I think makes all the difference.

Im sure some of the mag dropping, steel ringin, paper hole punchin tacticool guys out there will turn their noses up to this idea and say you need to drop some serious coin on a decent rifle. But truth is Iíve never had a issue with my set up and Iíve dropped plenty of coyotes with mine over the past couple of years.

Also something to consider is going with a bigger caliber if your gonna be hunting hogs. I wanted to check out the 6.8SPC. I feel 223 is a bit under powered. I know a lot of people do use them on hogs all the time but even on Coyote sometimes they run off even with a decent shot.

User Info Menu

BCI Pro - love mine and is as accurate as my Daniel Defense V7.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AD-27u0xc4 == forget the Dagger series, but the PRO is the same gun minus optic and coloring

You can find them on the web for $850-ish - a t e r r i f i c bargain for that money.

If your needs are a little more expensive look no further than a BCM in 14.5" - 18" Precision

Or the DD V7 I mentioned above...all chambered in 5.56
    hANNAbONE -- Uncle Gary, Deacon

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hANNAbONE View Post
    BCI Pro - love mine and is as accurate as my Daniel Defense V7.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AD-27u0xc4 == forget the Dagger series, but the PRO is the same gun minus optic and coloring

You can find them on the web for $850-ish - a t e r r i f i c bargain for that money.

If your needs are a little more expensive look no further than a BCM in 14.5" - 18" Precision

Or the DD V7 I mentioned above...all chambered in 5.56
    You're easily double what the op wanted to spend, not disagreeing with your statements but..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ggreen View Post
    You're easily double what the op wanted to spend, not disagreeing with your statements but..
    I want it noted, that I didn't suggest the LWRC 6.8. I read the budget.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KJQ6945 View Post
    I want it noted, that I didn't suggest the LWRC 6.8. I read the budget.
    I won't suggest this dirty 30cal commy ar

User Info Menu

I always new you were a commie!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KJQ6945 View Post
    I always new you were a commie!
    Lose 30 more lbs and i get my track suit.

User Info Menu

Lose 30 more lbs and i get my track suit.
    Why wait?

My guns won't be illegal....they'll be undocumented.

User Info Menu

Bushmaster? Pass

Care to explain? After many both Maine and New York Bushmasters I have never had one issue. All of them very accurate and the Chrome Lined barrels have held up for tens of thousands of rounds.
    "See you on the Range"

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast