Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AR Barrel

User Info Menu

AR Barrel

Been looking for a nice .223 Wylde version. Any experience with Classic Arms offerings?

User Info Menu

What length gas, length overall, particular use, most importantly budget????????
    I wonít be wronged, I wonít be insulted, and I wonít be laid a hand on.

User Info Menu

all good questions, budget as low as i can, thinking 18-20" with 1:8ish, plinker

User Info Menu

Ive had pretty good luck with Bear Creek Arsenals barrels on a couple cheap plinking builds. One is a 20" ss spiral fluted barrel that gets me 2 moa at 100 yards with just cheap pmc bronze ammo. Other is a 10.5" barrel that ive only shot out to 50 yards with but accuracy was just as good at that range. When you catch sales you can find their barrels under $50.
    Haven't tried classic firearms so cant attest to theirs

The 20" barrel ive run well over 2k rounds thru so far with zero issues or drop in accuracy

User Info Menu

Pretty happy with my 18" Palmetto full rifle gas Wylde chamber

Took it out for a shake down. 200rds fired about 9 different flavors both steel and brass cases. The 1-7 shoots 75grn nice. Only issue I had was short stroking. Changed to a better gas block and that solved it.

Fax on getting good reviews. Probably out of budget if you're looking cheap.

Might want to post a want add here. Hecht Palmetto stuff is selling so cheap just grab an upper.
    I wonít be wronged, I wonít be insulted, and I wonít be laid a hand on.

Expert

User Info Menu

Used a couple of their 300BO bbls for some plinkers and no complaints.

Picked up a 18" fluted 5R Wylde from Midway a few years ago and have had great results. Not as low price as Classic though. YMMV.

User Info Menu

For $150 or so you can get a nice Ballistic Advantage barrel.
    I'd agree with you but then we would both be wrong

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Voldemort View Post
    all good questions, budget as low as i can, thinking 18-20" with 1:8ish, plinker
    Nice and as low as generally donít mix, but I heard that parts is parts, so...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    Nice and as low as generally donít mix, but I heard that parts is parts, so...
    But, but, but they are all the same...........

(tried to give you rep but I've already given it to you.....need to spread it around)
    "Eis Aner Oudeis Aner"

User Info Menu

Cheap??? Stick to Ballistic Advantage, Faxon, Green Mountain, and PSA Premium CHF

Larue Stealth and PredatAR barrels have been selling for super cheap as well. You get a hell of a lot for your money with them. Only downside is they seem to be frequently over gassed, which can be remedied with an adjustable gas block.

Those are the best budget options out there. Their barrels are quality. Personally, I wouldn't screw around trying unknown brands. The ones I listed are well regarded and consistently put out a good barrel.
    Quote Originally Posted by KG1 View Post
    You are the expert in all things read about on the internet.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast