• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blues bondsman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2019
    Michigan City
    Well I was winning one at gun broker and let it slide so...
    only sold for 360 but I wasnt sold that I needed it.

Kind of want a mini 14 just due to the fact that my dad had one when i was a kid and i loved shooting it.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    $360 is a good price. It's a great started rifle. Nothing I would take to war, but great for general plinking/shooting.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    $360 is a good price. It's a great started rifle. Nothing I would take to war, but great for general plinking/shooting.

I know the AM-15 is a budget rifle. I'm wondering what would be your choice and do any of the $400-500 rifles meet the need.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I know the AM-15 is a budget rifle. I'm wondering what would be your choice and do any of the $400-500 rifles meet the need.

I'm not an expert, and there are far better qualified people out there to answer this. So take this solely as a personal opinion.

Truthfully, bcm and dd are the 2 factory rifles I trust most. My personal rifle is a f1 (not the skeletonized) with a bcm bcg, and b.a. barrel/ gas system.

In the $400-500 range, you could good find rifles. My favorite plinker is mix of PSA, anderson parts with a p.o.f. trigger and b.r.o buffer system. It has about 2-3k rounds and has about a 2.5 moa capability. It does great, but gets temperamental after about 250-300 rounds in an outing. Nothing major, just nuisances. Wont lock open last round, mags need a little love to seat properly, groups open up. Little things that are easily remedied, and they only pop up a little bit.
    S&w mp sport 2 would be my choice. Sample sizes of one dont mean much, but I have heard solid results from mp owners over other brands.

Top Bottom