Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ggreen View Post
    I've shot a borrowed stock benelli m2 in a multigun match and honestly didn't really notice much kick. Maybe ak47ish bumping. My franchi isn't bad at all, until you put 3 1/2s in it. For reliability in competition I don't think anyone is beating inertia guns. Most guys are choosing m2 builds over m4's, and even more run modified m3k's
    Admittedly, I had an early adaptation of the inertia system (1201FP). The gun itself was really light, but I did have a limb saver. I've oogled the M2 field and it really feels nice in the hand, but I've never shot one.

Now, for my requirement, I don't shoot 3g matches. I take the sucker out, use it as a pole-vault, throw it in the mud, let it bounce in the back of my truck and generally abuse it. Maybe I should just learn to love pumps for this reason ...

User Info Menu

Go with the Mossberg 930, the most overlooked and underrated shotguns going, Great gun with a soft recoil. I own a few of them and use them for everything. Rural King carrys them for around 400 bucks. Made in America.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff Dave View Post
    Go with the Mossberg 930, the most overlooked and underrated shotguns going, Great gun with a soft recoil. I own a few of them and use them for everything. Rural King carrys them for around 400 bucks. Made in America.

Ive got it narrowed down to the 930 and the 930 pro. the new 940JMPro looks amazing. But I dont play the game enough to justify that investment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

Foreigner in a Foreign Land 76Too's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post
    Ive got it narrowed down to the 930 and the 930 pro. the new 940JMPro looks amazing. But I dont play the game enough to justify that investment.
    I can definitely understand that line of thought. I'm basically planning to pay double what I sold my 930 for and i'll get very few features that I just 'have to have'. I used my 930 for competition and hunting, and will do the same with the 940. Figure I might as well 'have it all' with a do-it-all shotgun.

User Info Menu

You might say I like the 930's. Lol
    Attached Images Attached Images

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff Dave View Post
    You might say I like the 930's. Lol
    it makes sense with 930s to have a backup or 10

User Info Menu

I hear this, but I NEVER have any problems no matter what shells I use. I typically shoot at least twice a week all year long. Last Sunday I left at 6:30am and hit 2 different Turkey shoots, and then shot Clays at my place until sun down.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Banbuddy View Post
    The fine folks here have talked me out of an M3000. Having a finite experience with the Benelli click and knowing how much inertia guns can dump energy back on the user has kind of cooled my fever.

GET THE CONDOR! (lol)

What do you plan on using it for?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post
    Squirrels, clays, and MAYBE 3 gun. probably not 3G at this time because I just dont have time to add another sport to my life. But it would be nice to have a 3 gun capable shotgun if I ever decided to do it.
    To clarify on the M3000, the Stoeger will probably work fine for the stated purposes provided you keep it clean and well lubed but I wouldn't trust it for serious waterfowl hunting or upland hunting in adverse conditions. I also wouldn't trust it for any serious outdoor activity when temps are below freezing.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I have a Benelli Montefeltro and really like it. Light and does not kick bad at all, even with buckshot. If you can shoot a 30-06 you can shoot a Benelli.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I have a 930 and love it. Reliable with a wide range of ammo.
    Fairly easy to maintain. Really good value If you are okay with a gas gun.

One thing to keep in mind is that problems with the follower hanging up are relatively common on the higher capacity models if not maintained properly. Bought mine used and the capacity was reduced by 2. One tear down/proper clean/lube and never an issue since. Aftermarket ones are also available.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast