• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Banbuddy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I've shot a borrowed stock benelli m2 in a multigun match and honestly didn't really notice much kick. Maybe ak47ish bumping. My franchi isn't bad at all, until you put 3 1/2s in it. For reliability in competition I don't think anyone is beating inertia guns. Most guys are choosing m2 builds over m4's, and even more run modified m3k's

Admittedly, I had an early adaptation of the inertia system (1201FP). The gun itself was really light, but I did have a limb saver. I've oogled the M2 field and it really feels nice in the hand, but I've never shot one.

Now, for my requirement, I don't shoot 3g matches. I take the sucker out, use it as a pole-vault, throw it in the mud, let it bounce in the back of my truck and generally abuse it. Maybe I should just learn to love pumps for this reason ...

Sheriff Dave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2019
    Anderson/Pendleton
    Go with the Mossberg 930, the most overlooked and underrated shotguns going, Great gun with a soft recoil. I own a few of them and use them for everything. Rural King carrys them for around 400 bucks. Made in America.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Go with the Mossberg 930, the most overlooked and underrated shotguns going, Great gun with a soft recoil. I own a few of them and use them for everything. Rural King carrys them for around 400 bucks. Made in America.

Ive got it narrowed down to the 930 and the 930 pro. the new 940JMPro looks amazing. But I dont play the game enough to justify that investment.

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    Ive got it narrowed down to the 930 and the 930 pro. the new 940JMPro looks amazing. But I dont play the game enough to justify that investment.

I can definitely understand that line of thought. I'm basically planning to pay double what I sold my 930 for and i'll get very few features that I just 'have to have'. I used my 930 for competition and hunting, and will do the same with the 940. Figure I might as well 'have it all' with a do-it-all shotgun.

Sheriff Dave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2019
    Anderson/Pendleton
    I hear this, but I NEVER have any problems no matter what shells I use. I typically shoot at least twice a week all year long. Last Sunday I left at 6:30am and hit 2 different Turkey shoots, and then shot Clays at my place until sun down.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    The fine folks here have talked me out of an M3000. Having a finite experience with the Benelli click and knowing how much inertia guns can dump energy back on the user has kind of cooled my fever.

GET THE CONDOR! (lol)

What do you plan on using it for?

Squirrels, clays, and MAYBE 3 gun. probably not 3G at this time because I just dont have time to add another sport to my life. But it would be nice to have a 3 gun capable shotgun if I ever decided to do it.

To clarify on the M3000, the Stoeger will probably work fine for the stated purposes provided you keep it clean and well lubed but I wouldn't trust it for serious waterfowl hunting or upland hunting in adverse conditions. I also wouldn't trust it for any serious outdoor activity when temps are below freezing.

Ithaca45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2014
    United States
    I have a Benelli Montefeltro and really like it. Light and does not kick bad at all, even with buckshot. If you can shoot a 30-06 you can shoot a Benelli.

JustinApex

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Indy North
    I have a 930 and love it. Reliable with a wide range of ammo.
    Fairly easy to maintain. Really good value If you are okay with a gas gun.

One thing to keep in mind is that problems with the follower hanging up are relatively common on the higher capacity models if not maintained properly. Bought mine used and the capacity was reduced by 2. One tear down/proper clean/lube and never an issue since. Aftermarket ones are also available.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Been feeling the urge to get a Remington 1100. Always wanted one after borrowing my late Uncle's when I was a kid, But I dont shoot shotguns enough to justify a thousand dollars or more for something I might use once a year. Always wanted one, but now the urge is strong. Midlife crisis gun? :):

So Ive been looking at lower priced options.

I really like Mossberg. I have 2 500s and a 600. Solid guns. So Ive been looking at their 930AF. Anyone have their input?

And although I really want a nice set of wood furniture and a traditional look, the idea of going with the JM Pro to also have a 3 gun capable shotgun if I ever decide to enter that game is enticing. (I mostly shoot sporting clays)

Suggestions?

I have the 930 and it's a shooting S.O.B, handles well for the weight, and second shot acquisition isn't too awful bad.
    I like the 1100s and the only issues I've had with them are 30 year old gas rings with thousands of rounds through them. Fixed chokes aren't that hard to live with considering how common barrels are for them at a reasonable price.
    Another option is the 11'87 Premier. Some models had beautiful wood and engraving, all have Rem-Chokes, and are more money friendly over the 1100.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Bought a new 930 pro. Love it. First few times using it hung up a couple of times. Now it’s my favorite go to for about everything. It does it all well for me. It’s worth the money period. Good luck with your purchase

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The 940 might be worth it for a hard core 3 gunner. They are sexy, but out of my budget at this time. Too much gun for this shooter.

HnK

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Wish I could say I loved the 930 as much as you guys. I've had like 5 over the years and couldn't get along with any of them. They all had issues from canted front sights to reliability issues. I just gave up and bought an M4.

Pfcmaurx

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2021
    Jeffersonville
    Been feeling the urge to get a Remington 1100. Always wanted one after borrowing my late Uncle's when I was a kid, But I dont shoot shotguns enough to justify a thousand dollars or more for something I might use once a year. Always wanted one, but now the urge is strong. Midlife crisis gun? :):

So Ive been looking at lower priced options.

I really like Mossberg. I have 2 500s and a 600. Solid guns. So Ive been looking at their 930AF. Anyone have their input?

And although I really want a nice set of wood furniture and a traditional look, the idea of going with the JM Pro to also have a 3 gun capable shotgun if I ever decide to enter that game is enticing. (I mostly shoot sporting clays)

Suggestions?
    I have a 930JM and currently have the M3000. Having shot both in 3 gun matches I can say with full confidence that the M3000 is a better option. I had so many issues with the 930 and was blessed to have Lena shooting with me at a match and she was able to show me how to keep the 930 running but the M3000 is an all around better gun IMO.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    it makes sense with 930s to have a backup or 10
    Of the several I have owned only 1 gave me trouble past the issues I had when my son screwed up the gas system in 1 putting it back together. He broke the sealing ring. I called CS at Mossberg and had a replacement in the mail in about a week no charge.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Of the several I have owned only 1 gave me trouble past the issues I had when my son screwed up the gas system in 1 putting it back together. He broke the sealing ring. I called CS at Mossberg and had a replacement in the mail in about a week no charge.
    That's fine glad yours have worked. My 1100s always ran fine for me, but I've seen enough other 1100 failures to understand that my sample of 2 wasn't necessarily an objective view of the whole. The multigun pages are full of help me fix my mossberg issues especially comparing to reported issues with the m3k, or the franchi. Now pandemic pricing puts the 930 into beretta range depending on where you're shopping.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's fine glad yours have worked. My 1100s always ran fine for me, but I've seen enough other 1100 failures to understand that my sample of 2 wasn't necessarily an objective view of the whole. The multigun pages are full of help me fix my mossberg issues especially comparing to reported issues with the m3k, or the franchi. Now pandemic pricing puts the 930 into beretta range depending on where you're shopping.
    I have heard the story's and seen some of the issues 1st hand. Wont argue that they can be troublesome.
    The issues I have straitened out for people is putting a decent round in the gun and running it like I stole it. Sooooooo many cheap a** people buying the cheapest loads available and then getting PO'd when the gun did not run on them. Of course that is not every issue out there but the ones I have seen just like a couple of Siaga's I fixed for friends. Put some decent loads in the thing and beat on it.

Loved my 1100's and really only had issues with 1 if memory serves and someone had assembled it wrong and broke stuff.

Top Bottom