Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Question I'm new to the forum with questions.

Last edited by Studio 417; 1 Day Ago at 09:31.

User Info Menu

you might be getting the salesman pitch for the Saint. It's a bit pricey for a first time buyer and they may be trying to prey on the lack of knowledge on the subject. here are many quality ARs you can buy for around $600-$800, and then you buy ammo and an optic. Springfields aren't bad, per se, but a bit pricey for someone "just wanting something". Palmetto State Armory is a good company that sells good quality ARs for good prices and they ship it to your FFL and you pay the transfer fee.

As for the "is it legal to transfer to MI to shoot it", it is legal to transport a gun across state lines to shoot, as long as the gun itself is legal i the selected state.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

I have a Saint that I like very well. It is a pistol version and I have upgraded the snot out of it.
    As mentioned be careful what the guy behind the counter pushes on you.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Plinker

User Info Menu

Last edited by Studio 417; 1 Day Ago at 09:31.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Studio 417 View Post
    I should clarify, the salesman didn't push one over another. He made a few suggestions, and showed us the differences between them. He showed that some of the lower cost ones, don't have a rail for optics, so that would increase the overall price after upgrading. He told us that any one of the brands that have been around for a while, are a good bet. With the Springfield, it has a stainless trigger, coated bolt and barrel (as oppossed to oiled steel), and a rail. We both like the adjustable stock, since it fits us both comfortably. My wife is much smaller than I am, or at least shorter arms.

We think with it ready to shoot, would be a good start. There's only about a $50 price difference between the Springfield, and the other one that would require sights, and I forget what else he mentioned, just to compare to the Springfield. I've looked at some AR's online, but a lot of places are sold out. The local shop has them (a few) in stock, and no transfer fee.

We just want a reliable firearm. It may not matter, but the guy is ex-military, and spent a lot of undivided time, explaining a lot about the AR's. Not any one over another.

Thanks for the advice.
    I think local gun shops are sometimes worth the price when they offer great service. If you're comfortable with the "salesman" and liked the rifle...buy it...the Springfield Saint is a quality AR and I'd say you've waited long enough. don't take the risk that it may not be there when you go back tomorrow
    sauce will thicken upon standing

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler-The-Piker View Post
    I think local gun shops are sometimes worth the price when they offer great service. If you're comfortable with the "salesman" and liked the rifle...buy it...the Springfield Saint is a quality AR and I'd say you've waited long enough. don't take the risk that it may not be there when you go back tomorrow
    I have to agree with this the market is tight right now and if you can pick up a Saint then I say do it. A quality gun that will do you well.
    Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Well....uh.......I got nothing man.
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    This guy went full Brussel Sprouts.

The Constitution: It doesn’t need to be rewritten; it needs to be reread.
    INGO # 23,621

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Studio 417 View Post
    I should clarify, the salesman didn't push one over another. He made a few suggestions, and showed us the differences between them. He showed that some of the lower cost ones, don't have a rail for optics, so that would increase the overall price after upgrading. He told us that any one of the brands that have been around for a while, are a good bet. With the Springfield, it has a stainless trigger, coated bolt and barrel (as oppossed to oiled steel), and a rail. We both like the adjustable stock, since it fits us both comfortably. My wife is much smaller than I am, or at least shorter arms.

We think with it ready to shoot, would be a good start. There's only about a $50 price difference between the Springfield, and the other one that would require sights, and I forget what else he mentioned, just to compare to the Springfield. I've looked at some AR's online, but a lot of places are sold out. The local shop has them (a few) in stock, and no transfer fee.

We just want a reliable firearm. It may not matter, but the guy is ex-military, and spent a lot of undivided time, explaining a lot about the AR's. Not any one over another.

Thanks for the advice.
    I would agree with most all of this. My saint has never missed a beat. It is well fit/finished.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

And t answer your other question, I have carried long guns into Michigan many times. I carry them unloaded, in a case, in the trunk or where not readily accessible.

User Info Menu

Seems to be excellent entry level AR-15. Lots of bang for the buck.

Gun Santa likes them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRgND5KFElc

EDIT: My only experience has been at the range, getting to shoot a mag or two from buddies. Do not own one, but would not be adverse to purchasing one.
    Last edited by Kirk Freeman; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:25.
    Herman Cain had ryyyeeetttts too. Wear a damn mask.

User Info Menu

ASIDE: The Saint advertising campaign was . . . different (Train Your Fear and all that goofy stuff) and turned me off from buying one for a while, but objectively nothing wrong with the Saint.

Herman Cain had ryyyeeetttts too. Wear a damn mask.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast