Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: which AK to sell

Plinker

User Info Menu

which AK to sell

I have two AK's and I am thinking of selling one of them. I need help deciding which one to sell.

One AK is a Norinco MAK-90. The other AK is an Arsenal SGL-10. The SGL-10 is made by Saiga and is supposed to be very close to a true Russian AK rifle. Both are chambered in 7.62x39.

Which one should I sell and why? Or, should I keep both because one should always have a backup?

User Info Menu

Keep them.
    "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid." - Han Solo

Plinker

User Info Menu

Is the sgl still in sporter configuration?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    Keep them.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalFun View Post
    Is the sgl still in sporter configuration?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    No, I converted it.

Master

User Info Menu

Sell them both and buy one quality AR.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat." ~Eldridge Cleaver

User Info Menu

Now is not the time to be selling defensive weapons, unless you just have a safe full of them.

If you just have to sell, you'll get more for it if you can wait until October.

If you don't have an AR, you might go ahead and pick one of those up as well.
    Although 5.56 ammo cost is double what 7.62x39 ammo is right now, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
    Internet...Serious Business!

User Info Menu

I'd keep both for now. x39 ammo seems to be at least a little more available than 223/556 ammo right now. And as already mentioned, both will also have a higher value the closer we get to the election.
    Tulta munille! HAKKAA PÄÄLLE

User Info Menu

Why do you want to sell ... to maximize profit? To free up safe space? To get rid of a spare? Something else? All of the above?

If I were to get rid of one, I'd ditch the MAK. Relatively easy to find if I had seller's remorse and relatively affordable in the world of AKs (COVID notwithstanding), and they've never been very collectible or "must-have-now" guns by most AK enthusiasts, even the Chicom crowd. But then again I've never sold a gun simply to maximize profit, so if that's what you're after you'll likely get more money for the Arsenal, as long as you didn't Bubba the conversion. Did you do a full conversion with legit parts or just the rear?

User Info Menu

I’ll take the Norinco, erm, keep ‘em both.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast