• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Megasaki

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 1, 2020
    Bloomington
    Really? I would have thought the opposite, meaning I'd rather take the Arsenal.

Yep, the Chinese make some, if not the very best AK's. At least as far as whats been inported so far into the US. Their AK's are Military grade.
    The Bolts on the Chinese are much more robust as well. Also thier internals appear to be thicker.

The Chinese used allot of US steel in the manufacture of their AK and SKS's. They have been buying our junkyards since the 50's. They also were buying steel from us during the Vietnam war and turning it into weapons. They helped keep Pennsylvania steel companies going during the 60's and 70's.

As to the MAK 90, its one of the better AK's out there. Especially when you put the normal AK furniture and afix a Muzzle brake on it.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    If the conversion was done correctly the Arsenal will go up in value over the Mac.

100% agreed. Nothing more OG than Russian when it comes to the AK. And nothing wrong with the MAK, but despite being banned from import for nearly 30 years, prior to 2020 craziness you could still nab them for prices comparable to WASRs, while even bone-stock sporterized Saigas (also banned from import :rolleyes:) were selling for more.

[video=youtube_share;DEz7j4tXG7M]https://youtu.be/DEz7j4tXG7M[/video]

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Tried to enjoy the video but if the guy spoke any slower I could have fallen off to dreamland. Made it about 1/3 the way through. Too bad as the info was really good.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Tried to enjoy the video but if the guy spoke any slower I could have fallen off to dreamland. Made it about 1/3 the way through. Too bad as the info was really good.

Haha that's Mishaco for you. Dude is a living, breathing AK encyclopedia, but he's about as exciting as one, too. His vids aren't for everyone, but you're always guaranteed to learn something in them.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'd say if its not your thing then get rid of it at an opportune time. I think the Maadi's are kind of rough in general but I like mine.
    Used to be the closest to a Russian you could get. Woth arsenals thats changed. I'm not an AK guy anymore. I'm going to keep 2 for my kids. 1 for each and a case of ammo for each. Otherwise everything else is going to be sold eventually. I know maadis are 800 normally so right now I could probably get at least 1k. I have no idea. Not been following that stuff in a while

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Used to be the closest to a Russian you could get. Woth arsenals thats changed. I'm not an AK guy anymore. I'm going to keep 2 for my kids. 1 for each and a case of ammo for each. Otherwise everything else is going to be sold eventually. I know maadis are 800 normally so right now I could probably get at least 1k. I have no idea. Not been following that stuff in a while

I got a thousand for my Pars Maadi a few years ago...saw one recently go for over 1200...

Top Bottom