• ...and so much more!
  • Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I had the Realist 4X scope sitting around and decided to purchase a mount and set of rings so I could install it on my M1 Carbine. I had converted the gun to a paratrooper folding stock model so I went back to the standard stock and now have a nice play toy I need to sight in. The mount attaches to the dove tail for the real sight so I did not have to make any machining or drilling and tapping changes to the gun. Mount and rings were less than $25 on Ebay.

In my opinion the result is a very neat looking gun. I think it came out nice and wanted to share it with thouse in the group who enjoy the military weapons.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I cringed a bit when I read the title, but that actually looks pretty darn good.:yesway:

When I got the gun it was converted to a .223 and had this scope on a crappy mount that was drilled and tapped into the gun. It is now 80% new parts and looks like off the shelf new. I can convert to the paratrooper style with no physical changes to the metal. Either set up is 100% military.

I would not add a scope unless it could be removed and return the gun to 100% actual M1 Carbine. I can remove the scope and put the peep sight back on in five minutes.

I think it looks really sharp and should help a guy with old eyes hit the circle; now I have to find a place to sight it in. I have only shot at Pop's since moving back to IN and they won't allow shooting .30 cal at their range although I've read it is a clone of the .357 as far as ballistics.

Thanks for the nice comments guys.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

I have only shot at Pop's since moving back to IN and they won't allow shooting .30 cal at their range although I've read it is a clone of the .357 as far as ballistics.

I'm told that, at indoor ranges at least, it's not the ballistics, it's the noise.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I'm told that, at indoor ranges at least, it's not the ballistics, it's the noise.

I don't know; stand next to me when I shoot my S&W Model 29 44mag revolver. That will clear the wax out of your ears and you even feel some vibs from it. You are probably right about the sound issue at Pops. I need to get on the net and see if there are any stats comparing sound from various guns. I wonder if you can shoot a .17 cal handgun?

Top Bottom