Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

User Info Menu

Thanks everyone (I think) for the input. Iím still new to the game and will be shooting Carry Optics for the first time. Dry firing using the T3,2,1 reload , steel method I can come in under 5 sec with good sight pictures and clean reload. I just have to not lose the damn dot! Iím hoping this problem will work itself out with time.
    LIBERALISM IS A MENTAL ILLNESS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by romack991 View Post
    Best advice I can give you is shoot it like any other stage. Typically we trash classifiers trying to go for broke on them.

I haven't shot this but it looks like a modest hit factor. My approach would be get all the points or very close C's. The paper targets are set up so you have to throttle your speed. Most people are going to start on the closest paper. You can be aggressive on the first target or two but definitely have to place your shots on the partial. It's basically a speed trap. Penalties are unacceptable. If minor, I'm still aiming for As. If major, aim at the middle of the C. Quick reload and then focus on going one for one on steel. Short stage time so makeups on steel will add up quick.

-Tim
    If you improve your skills the classifier scores will improve.
    No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com

abright@ccrtc.com

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    So that's the problem! Why didn't I get the memo.
    MOLAN LABE

User Info Menu

CRAZY TALK!

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

User Info Menu

After just a couple of weeks of dryfire I can see improvement. Iím beginning to look forward to my dryfire sessions. Thatís something last year I couldnít make myself do. Thanks for the help.
    LIBERALISM IS A MENTAL ILLNESS

User Info Menu

This classifier was designed to be narrow so it is easy to use indoors and easy to set up. Did not think it would involve as this thinking.
    No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com

abright@ccrtc.com

Plinker

User Info Menu

My first thought was draw to T3, then T2, T1, reload, P1, P2. Second thought was maybe there's some value in shooting P1, P2 first so that by the time you do the reload and T3, T2, T1 the steel has had time to fall and you don't have to wait to see if you need to re-engage. (I know, Coach would say if you called your shots you'd know you hit them, or not, and not need to wait to see it...)

Nibbling at Grelber's ruffles...there's no reason you can't re-engage the steel after shooting P1,P2,reload,T3,T2,T1, right?

If you shoot the paper first, that gives you 4 more rounds in the mag for making up the steel before your second reload...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2-Alpha View Post
    My first thought was draw to T3, then T2, T1, reload, P1, P2. Second thought was maybe there's some value in shooting P1, P2 first so that by the time you do the reload and T3, T2, T1 the steel has had time to fall and you don't have to wait to see if you need to re-engage. (I know, Coach would say if you called your shots you'd know you hit them, or not, and not need to wait to see it...)

Nibbling at Grelber's ruffles...there's no reason you can't re-engage the steel after shooting P1,P2,reload,T3,T2,T1, right?

If you shoot the paper first, that gives you 4 more rounds in the mag for making up the steel before your second reload...
    One of the issues with shooting the steel first and re engaging it is if you want even an A class run you have to shoot it clean in 6 seconds(production). That does not leave any time to re engage the steel unless you're shooting GM speed.
    Psalm 144:1

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel24v View Post
    One of the issues with shooting the steel first and re engaging it is if you want even an A class run you have to shoot it clean in 6 seconds(production). That does not leave any time to re engage the steel unless you're shooting GM speed.
    Doesn't having a good run by definition require that you don't have to re-engage any targets?

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2-Alpha View Post
    ..there's no reason you can't re-engage the steel after shooting P1,P2,reload,T3,T2,T1,..
    Not at a local match.
    In a perfect world liberals would taste good and be easy to field dress.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast