• ...and so much more!
  • JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Thanks everyone (I think:):) for the input. I’m still new to the game and will be shooting Carry Optics for the first time. Dry firing using the T3,2,1 reload , steel method I can come in under 5 sec with good sight pictures and clean reload. I just have to not lose the damn dot!:xmad: I’m hoping this problem will work itself out with time.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Best advice I can give you is shoot it like any other stage. Typically we trash classifiers trying to go for broke on them.

I haven't shot this but it looks like a modest hit factor. My approach would be get all the points or very close C's. The paper targets are set up so you have to throttle your speed. Most people are going to start on the closest paper. You can be aggressive on the first target or two but definitely have to place your shots on the partial. It's basically a speed trap. Penalties are unacceptable. If minor, I'm still aiming for As. If major, aim at the middle of the C. Quick reload and then focus on going one for one on steel. Short stage time so makeups on steel will add up quick.

-Tim

If you improve your skills the classifier scores will improve.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    If you improve your skills the classifier scores will improve.
    After just a couple of weeks of dryfire I can see improvement. I’m beginning to look forward to my dryfire sessions. That’s something last year I couldn’t make myself do. Thanks for the help.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    This classifier was designed to be narrow so it is easy to use indoors and easy to set up. Did not think it would involve as this thinking.

2-Alpha

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2018
    Indianapolis area
    My first thought was draw to T3, then T2, T1, reload, P1, P2. Second thought was maybe there's some value in shooting P1, P2 first so that by the time you do the reload and T3, T2, T1 the steel has had time to fall and you don't have to wait to see if you need to re-engage. (I know, Coach would say if you called your shots you'd know you hit them, or not, and not need to wait to see it...)

Nibbling at Grelber's ruffles...there's no reason you can't re-engage the steel after shooting P1,P2,reload,T3,T2,T1, right?

If you shoot the paper first, that gives you 4 more rounds in the mag for making up the steel before your second reload...

Diesel24v

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Central
    My first thought was draw to T3, then T2, T1, reload, P1, P2. Second thought was maybe there's some value in shooting P1, P2 first so that by the time you do the reload and T3, T2, T1 the steel has had time to fall and you don't have to wait to see if you need to re-engage. (I know, Coach would say if you called your shots you'd know you hit them, or not, and not need to wait to see it...)

Nibbling at Grelber's ruffles...there's no reason you can't re-engage the steel after shooting P1,P2,reload,T3,T2,T1, right?

If you shoot the paper first, that gives you 4 more rounds in the mag for making up the steel before your second reload...

One of the issues with shooting the steel first and re engaging it is if you want even an A class run you have to shoot it clean in 6 seconds(production). That does not leave any time to re engage the steel unless you're shooting GM speed.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    One of the issues with shooting the steel first and re engaging it is if you want even an A class run you have to shoot it clean in 6 seconds(production). That does not leave any time to re engage the steel unless you're shooting GM speed.

Doesn't having a good run by definition require that you don't have to re-engage any targets?

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    My likelihood of moving up in classification due to one classifier run is exceedingly low.

My likelihood of dropping myself 2 or 3 places in the match, trying to go "hero or zero" on a classifier with steel in it, is purty high.

I look for "what can go wrong?"And I'm probably more likely to miss steel after being rattled by a muffed reload. So I will probably shoot the steel first. But again, it all comes down to how do you, personally, get the highest hit factor, with your present marksmanship and gun-handling skills?​

Diesel24v

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Central
    Doesn't having a good run by definition require that you don't have to re-engage any targets?
    That all depends on the persons definition of “good”! I’ve had some stages I was told was a “good” run that I was very unhappy with.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I shot this at Owensboro and it was pretty ugly. I drew to the closet paper and put two alphas on it, moved to the next paper and my dot had shut off. Ended up with 3 alpha, 3 charlies and 2 mikes. My cheap Chinese red dot manages to shut off every stage at some point. That POS is going back and a Vortex Vemon is on the way. I did have one stage where the dot stayed on for the most part and finished 38th out of 58. That's about my skill level at this time so I can see potential shoot a red dot. I was sure glad that match was over! :rockwoot:

Top Bottom