• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    It's time for some COMMON SENSE when it comes to social media these days. Suicides due to cyber bullying are at an all time high. Child predators are finding and communicating with YOUR CHILDREN!! ISIS and other organizations are not only communicating with each other, but recruiting new members via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. THIS NEEDS TO STOP!!

One person does NOT need the ability to communicate whatever crazy idea they have with everyone in the world. The government should determine what is appropriate information to be distributed via newspaper once it has been reviewed and edited. The founding fathers didn't intend for this type of mass communication when the 1st amendment was written. Stick with your quill and ink well and printing press!

If we can save just one innocent life, isn't it worth it?!? Now is the time to DO SOMETHING!!! Ban Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, all of them! #bansocialmedia NOW!!

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As some of what "J" man said is true I do hope he intended purple here.

Common sense. What a concept. People have lost the ability to sort through the endless flow of good bad false info that floods from the interwebs.
    Kids roaming at will finding a lot of serious things to get sucked up by. No parental discretion (or parents that even now the word) and predators safely following them.

This is a rabbit hole that goes very deep very fast.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    As some of what "J" man said is true I do hope he intended purple here.

Common sense. What a concept. People have lost the ability to sort through the endless flow of good bad false info that floods from the interwebs.
    Kids roaming at will finding a lot of serious things to get sucked up by. No parental discretion (or parents that even now the word) and predators safely following them.

This is a rabbit hole that goes very deep very fast.

Swimming in purple.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Cell phones and social media accounts...my kids get them when they can afford it on their own. They are well versed in the dangers of on line everything. We don't even let the organizations they are involved in post photos or names. A pox on this digital pox.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Cell phones and social media accounts...my kids get them when they can afford it on their own. They are well versed in the dangers of on line everything. We don't even let the organizations they are involved in post photos or names. A pox on this digital pox.

:thumbsup:

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    I would call for a TOTAL BOYCOTT of sites like FB, Twitter etc, by every legal gun owner and conservatives IN THE WORLD.

But then, the Hollywood idiots, along with Pelosi, Waters, Warren, Obama and all the left-wing media would have a field day, and it would all get worse. So much worse.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Hoooo boy. So much wrong here....

More government is not the answer.

I'm thinking this was meant to be sarcasm and for folks that are barking on Social Media about banning guns, etc that you could just substitute the words social media into their diatribes on guns and come up with the same statement the OP made.

I believe purple was implied in his post.

Looks like some sarcasm meters are out of calibration around here today.
    Yep.

Yep, well my wife and daughter tell me the gun forums I frequent are just another form of social media sites!!! Hmmmm.... :dunno:

My wife tells me the same thing, but to me while a forum is an aspect of social media, the trick is I pick and choose what I even want to read, vs having a bunch of stuff streamed right into my face (aka facebook). Also forums are typically a source of knowledge, and a community based around some common interest. I guess you can do that with Facebook groups, but I don't do facebook, so not really sure. I am engaged on Forums and use Twitter on a limited basis to follow very specific things (generally very few individuals). I don't do the other social media platforms.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I missed the implied purple and didn't notice who posted the thread. I was sitting in the Dr's office having endured yet another uncomfortable procedure to my shoulder.:xmad:

Top Bottom