• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It's time for some COMMON SENSE when it comes to social media these days. Suicides due to cyber bullying are at an all time high. Child predators are finding and communicating with YOUR CHILDREN!! ISIS and other organizations are not only communicating with each other, but recruiting new members via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. THIS NEEDS TO STOP!!

One person does NOT need the ability to communicate whatever crazy idea they have with everyone in the world. The government should determine what is appropriate information to be distributed via newspaper once it has been reviewed and edited. The founding fathers didn't intend for this type of mass communication when the 1st amendment was written. Stick with your quill and ink well and printing press!

If we can save just one innocent life, isn't it worth it?!? Now is the time to DO SOMETHING!!! Ban Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, all of them! #bansocialmedia NOW!!

(I decided this was a better place for my post than stirring the pot on Facebook)

Post it on FB.
    But you'll hear how that's "different".

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Ironically posted on a forum, FB, etc. love it.

Cell phones and social media accounts...my kids get them when they can afford it on their own. They are well versed in the dangers of on line everything. We don't even let the organizations they are involved in post photos or names. A pox on this digital pox.

Part of the problem, and one I've already pondered regarding my 4 yo, is the lack of a home phone. When I was younger it was commonplace to share home phone numbers of friends to ask if they wanted to play. landline to landline no big deal. Now what's the option? "Daddy can I borrow your phone to call Jimmy's daddy to talk to Jimmy?".

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Part of the problem, and one I've already pondered regarding my 4 yo, is the lack of a home phone. When I was younger it was commonplace to share home phone numbers of friends to ask if they wanted to play. landline to landline no big deal. Now what's the option? "Daddy can I borrow your phone to call Jimmy's daddy to talk to Jimmy?".

Answer: Are your feet broken? Walk over, knock on the door, and ask.

Though, we still have a landline. It is VOIP over the internet connection. Heck, my in-laws still have a CORDED phone, also on VOIP.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Ironically posted on a forum, FB, etc. love it.

Yeah, this is as social as I get...don't push it.

We have a flip phone, does nothing else. They use that. Their friends get used to it. I also have a DuKane rotary that I'm going back to when I retire and can disconnect almost entirely.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The terrorists in my avatar can manipulate both my I-6+ and the I pad. They are 4 years old.
    This will be the world they grow up in. It will be the norm. They need to be adept.
    We closely monitor what they are into. Kids You Tube is a favorite with them.

Top Bottom