• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    No link yet, just saw it on WISH-TV. Surveillance video (what little I saw) showed him firing and maneuvering. Two of the three baddies in jail.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Shelbyville grandfather fires back at intruders on his property to protect grandson | FOX59

First, I'm glad everyone is ok and the perps were apprehended. Glad to see some aimed fire, too.

Second, though, this wouldn't be INGO without at least a little critique. It appears that he's shooting at the guys as they ran away. In legal terms, that's a risky gambit. If they're shooting at him and he's returning fire, then that's one thing. (And even more credit to the Patton-esque patiently aimed fire in the face of incoming rounds.) The video does not appear to resolve that question.

Regardless, the more criminals are worried about armed homeowners, that's a good thing IMHO.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Shelbyville grandfather fires back at intruders on his property to protect grandson | FOX59

First, I'm glad everyone is ok and the perps were apprehended. Glad to see some aimed fire, too.

Second, though, this wouldn't be INGO without at least a little critique. It appears that he's shooting at the guys as they ran away. In legal terms, that's a risky gambit. If they're shooting at him and he's returning fire, then that's one thing. (And even more credit to the Patton-esque patiently aimed fire in the face of incoming rounds.) The video does not appear to resolve that question.

Regardless, the more criminals are worried about armed homeowners, that's a good thing IMHO.
    Retreating and going for position looks a lot alike. They shot at me so I shot back sounds reasonable. I do understand your concern since it is outside the home. They found one baddie in a cornfield the other in a dumpster .

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Given the brazenness of the criminals and their willingness to destroy property I would have to assume they were going to reposition to continue their assault not retreat. I think that's a reasonable belief on his part.

After seeing the video I think he would have been advised to make better use of cover...though I'm not seeing what he's seeing just what the surveillance camera saw so it's armchair quarterbacking.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    The Milk Lobby convinced everyone that salt is bad for you.

You haven't lived till you've witnessed someone's mama literally pulling rock salt out of his axx and saying "Oh, you just wait till your father gets home!"
    Interestingly, he never stole old man Summerfield's tomatoes again. So apparently rock salt IS a suitable deterrent to tomato thieves. In another world, long ago.

Top Bottom